Ordering from DX

DavidC

Newly Enlightened
I placed an order some time ago with DX. Checking the status this morning, I find:

Order: XXXXXXXX placed on 1/30/2008

Is this normal? Does DX shut down completely for the New Year holiday?

Vermonter73

Enlightened
It hasn't even been a full two weeks yet. Patience is a virtue when ordering from DX. I usually expect a month from order to delivery.

stonehold

Newly Enlightened
It's New Year holiday time for them. They should be back at work tomorrow or Thursday.

RyanMPLS

Newly Enlightened
Yeah. The Lunar New Year will slow things down a bit. I ordered some things about the same time and received one item last Friday and am expecting one or two other packages based on the ship dates today and a little later in the week.

One other item is waiting on the supplier.

DX can be slow - esp the shipping. What can you ask for free?

pbs357

Enlightened
DX is a distributor so they sometimes have to wait to get their items from the supplying/manufacturing company. I've had mixed send times from them, but especially with them being on the other side of the world from me I expect to wait about a month. The first two orders I received within 2-3 weeks, but the last one was 5. There definitely is some give and take with free shipping!

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
'Waiting for Supplier' is typical and anything from a couple days to a week or more. But China is bogged down now in the worst weather in decades and having their long New Year holiday on top of that. Many areas don't even have electricity. Hang in there and it'll show up.

greenpea76

Newly Enlightened
I'm still waiting for items from December.......
The fastest shipment that has arrived was in under two weeks to Los Angeles from Hong Kong. The longest, 2 months on items they were still waiting on.
Items have been left out of shipments when they get to be 10 or more items even though they have indicated shipment of all items. It becomes very frustrating to deal with them because customer trouble tickets don't get answered for 3-5 days. So you have to somehow prove to them that the missing items were actually listed on a small piece of paper (they ask you for a photo) that indicates the items that were not sent even if their website indicates all was shipped. This alone can take 2 weeks to resolve sometimes before they ship out the missing items.
Sometimes they're pretty good about making up for their mistakes, but that depends on who you're dealing with. I've received free items that I get to choose around a certain dollar amount to make up for the aggravation and trouble.
On a scale of 1 to 10. I would personally give them a 6 because of the several issues I've had with them, but you can't beat their selection on certain items and the free shipping can't be faulted for the prices they list.

clg0159

Enlightened
Waiting can be agonizing....but I think this could be the absolute worst time to order something sourced in China as everyone has pointed out.:thumbsdow