Optical Alu-sion...1AA style

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is a gift for my sister-in-law:)

A big thanks to Data for the Cree optic, Mac for the Cree XR-E, and RV7 for the NiMH three speed driver:twothumbs

Aleph XR can, modified for the RV7 three level NiMH driver. Cree XR-E Q5 WG from Mac (MCPCB trimmed to fit the XR can)

The optic, optic holder, and the LE, thread in as a unit, from the bezel side.

Alignment of the lens is critical! There is a washer below the bezel ring, that grips lens, and holds it dead straight.

The light is bare aluminum, except for the alignment washer, bezel ring, and the tailcap guard.

p1080036fe7.jpg

p1080035ut5.jpg

p1080037ph1.jpg

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love that battery tube style.:bow::bow:

Lucky sister-in-law.:)

Colin.
Thanks Colin.

You should give that cell tube pattern a try. I use a radius cutter (.062")plunge .030" deep, and the vertical grooves are .100" apart, on center.

FRANKVZ

Enlightened
Hey TB do you have any single sisters? I think I just figured out how to get one of your lights!! :devil:

Ganp

Enlightened
Thanks Colin.

You should give that cell tube pattern a try. I use a radius cutter (.062")plunge .030" deep, and the vertical grooves are .100" apart, on center.

Thanks for the encouragement Scott.:)

Although I have made components in the style of the Masters, I have only done so when I thought there was a worthwhile difference to incorporate, like the 27LT style clickie bodies for example.

I can't see anything I would want to change here, and I'm damn sure I wouldn't make such a good job of it too. ;)

Colin.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice work Scott!

Chances are your sister-in-law doesn't know how lucky she is.

At least to have you as a bro-in law, not to mention being the recipient of such a work of art.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the encouragement Scott.:)

You're welcome:)

Although I have made components in the style of the Masters, I have only done so when I thought there was a worthwhile difference to incorporate, like the 27LT style clickie bodies for example.

Thanks Colin:eek: Guys like Data craft the RED VIOLIN, I'm still working as an apprentice:)

I can't see anything I would want to change here, and I'm damn sure I wouldn't make such a good job of it too. ;)

Now you're talkin' crazy:eek:oo:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
SWEEEEEET!!! :rock: :rock:

I want to be your sister in law! :thinking: :green:

Let us know how she likes it! :thumbsup:

:tinfoil: john