Valentine's Day plans?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just convinced my gf that we should go to San Francisco...take in the sites, drive across the beautiful Golden Gate Bridge, hang out at the pier...and swing by OpticsHQ!!! haha. I think it's funny how I quietly sneaked that into the itinerary.

What are the rest of you guys doing with your significant others? (G-rated, that is. :devil:)

meuge

Enlightened
I just convinced my gf that we should go to San Francisco...take in the sites, drive across the beautiful Golden Gate Bridge, hang out at the pier...and swing by OpticsHQ!!! haha. I think it's funny how I quietly sneaked that into the itinerary.

What are the rest of you guys doing with your significant others? (G-rated, that is. :devil:)

Will start with dinner at the Russian Tea Room.
Then will proceed 30 seconds to the West, to Carnegie Hall for some wonderful violin and piano.
Then will give her this necklace.

Think that's a good plan?

InTheDark

Enlightened
I'll be heading up to SF also that weekend. She'll be busy with her friends wedding stuff, I'll be hanging out with my friends going to the shooting range and might have time to drop by TAD gear. So I guess you can say we're both doing something romantic, we'll just be in separate places :D

ttran,

Have you taken your gf to Forbes Island at Fishermans Wharf? It's a pretty good romantic dinner place, as long as neither of you get seasick. Most people don't even notice it sitting out there past the sea lions.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife and I will be heading to our house on the beach this weekend. We plan to build a cheery fire, spend long hours cuddling on the couch watching storms come in over the ocean, and just enjoy our time together.

I'm such a softie. I can't wait. :grin2:

:buddies:

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
ttran,

Have you taken your gf to Forbes Island at Fishermans Wharf? It's a pretty good romantic dinner place, as long as neither of you get seasick. Most people don't even notice it sitting out there past the sea lions.

Whoa...she's just a gf, not even a fiance or wife! haha. Sorry, she's getting Pizza Hut for dinner...but at least it's Super Supreme with pineapple. :D

But seriously, we like to avoid restaurants on V-day because they're just packed. It's more fun to just have pizza and cuddle up to a few romantic movies. "50 First Dates" was on sale at Best Buy for $5.99!

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take wife to dinner, leave kids behind though.
Then back home and spend some quality time with my family......

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
When Mary and I first started dating, she made me promise to NEVER get her a Valentines gift or card - In fact, she said "Most of the holidays/events that most girls expect stuff for are BS - Just Birthday and Christmas please"

When we got married, we modified this agreement to allow gifts on our wedding anniversery

One year, when we were dating, I bought her a valentines gift - she was seriously POed, saying "You promised NOT to buy me a gift". I never made that mistake again

BTW she IS getting an early "gift" today. She wanted a certain book from Amazon, so I ordered it - and I'll hand it to her saying Happy Valentines day. THAT kind of 'gift' she'll take - something that we would buy when needed/wanted no matter when, but just happens to fall on a 'holiday'

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyday of marriage to Powernoodle is like Valentine's Day.

553.gif

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone once told me that Valentine's Day is more like "Single Awareness Day". haha. :crazy:

+1, ill be at home, hopefully messing around with some of andygold's glow fobs...hopefully they arrive today, cos My NDI sure isnt going to:buddies:

Crenshaw

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
I'm not going to do much for valentines day, as today it is exactly 1 year since we heard that my mom in law has cancer and it can't be cured. So no big romantic plans, just spending some time with the people I love. (but I did make my wife a Mix tape...ehhhhh...cd to cheer her up a bit)

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're going to San Francisco go to Cafe Bastille on Belden, it's an alley next to the corner of Kearny and Bush. Lots of European style eateries.

I'm going to cook for my wife. All week I've been cooking her favorite foods, leaving her cards, buying flowers, and doing housework so she can take it easy.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're going to San Francisco go to Cafe Bastille on Belden, it's an alley next to the corner of Kearny and Bush. Lots of European style eateries.

I'm going to cook for my wife. All week I've been cooking her favorite foods, leaving her cards, buying flowers, and doing housework so she can take it easy.

Actually, I took her to Neptune something...I can't remember the exact name. It's at Pier 39. Pretty nice and wonderful view of The Bay, Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, etc. Fun day! Hope everyone else had a Happy Valentine's Day. If not...maybe next year! :thumbsup:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
For some odd reason, my best friend doesn't mind at all if I flirt with his girlfriend (and future Wife-to-be).

I guess I'll be picking up the phone! :wave:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had dinner at La Parolaccia Osteria in Long Beach, CA. Cozy place with decent food, recommended and will return.