Mount your light on your belt, hands free operation! (and other cool accessories!)

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got this cool device from Nite Ize called a Lite-Lok. It has many uses, it can be screwed into a hard surface, or it can be clipped to your belt, and it PIVOTS. So, you can store your light in an up/down position, but when you need it, you can pivot it to be horisontal, and have HANDS FREE operation of the light. GREAT for walking!

With all the new AA sized LED lights out there, these holders are really great.
tire.jpg

belt.jpg

carry.jpg

they make them for AA, C, and D size.

And for bike riders, check out this one:

lrdfeat2.jpg

stick.jpg

lrbaras.jpg

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mount your light on your belt, hands free operation! (and other cool accessories!)

Typical !!
In the UK, we only have the D-cell size.

I was intrigued, so I bought one, but I didn't find it too useful. For a 3D, it needs a very tough and stiff belt to hold it in a horizontal position properly. It's OK for secured belt carry though, as you have to snap the light out of the holder. Actually, I wonder if LEO's could usefully employ it for the Mag-Charger ?

Budd, how much is the AA size version, and will it take an E2 ?

lightlover

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mount your light on your belt, hands free operation! (and other cool accessories!)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:
In the UK, we only have the D-cell size.

I was intrigued, so I bought one, but I didn't find it too useful. For a 3D, it needs a very tough and stiff belt to hold it in a horizontal position properly.

Budd, how much is the AA size version, and will it take an E2 ?

lightlover
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to this site to check prices: http://www.niteize.com/links.html

Sunn Battery sells the AA Lite-Lok for 5.25, and they say that the retail is 8.99.
http://www.sunnbattery.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=559844%7C1121557&PRID=1153153

A 3-D mag-lite would be pretty heavy on your belt!

Don't know if it fit's the e2, don't have one (yet!). It is a little too small to fit my Legend LX, however.

It DOES fit my ARC LS second, with the 2AA pack, and the Lambda Illuminator.

I use TWO, one on each hip, for walking the dog at night in the dirt roads in back of my house, and it is GREAT! Hands free, lots of light, and I keep my Legend LX in hand for when I need it.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast

Budd,
the 3D is the light they show in use on the packaging !!
(I believed them !!)
Actually, it's not impossible, just not too practical.

From what you say, the AA is ~2.5mm too small for an SF E-series ......

lightlover