Breaking Bad

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just started watching a new series on AMC titled..Breaking Bad. I'm very pleased to date.
Series deals with a high school chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with lung cancer and decides to...Break Bad.
A lot of enjoyable action with a heathly dose of comedy thrown in.
I recommend it. It comes on rather late at night but at least it repeats on AMC during the week in case you miss an episode.
I'll only say....DO NOT pour sulfuric acid in your bathtub. :poof:

Paladin

Enlightened
DO NOT pour sulfuric acid in your bathtub. :poof:

I think that was hydrofloric(sp?) acid, but who cares, that was one of the most disgusting scenes a writer could think up, especially the scooping up afterwards.:green:

Paladin

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
That would be called hydrofluoric aid; this is the active ingredient in a household cleaner called "Whink".

Apparently, this acid does not cause instant skin irritation, but is one of the most corrosive & vile substances to human flesh that can be readily obtained.
Yes, it even outdoes sulfuric acid ("battery acid" from 12 volt lead-acid batteries) and hydrochloric acid ("stomach acid"). :green: :sick2: :green:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought you were referring to a b-boy show
buttrock.gif

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outstanding series finale tonight! This series is extremely entertaining. Fulminate of Mercury, thermite, etc, chemistry was never this interesting before.
I assume the writers strike also took its toll on this series as the finale was chock full of open-ended story lines.
I can't wait for the series to resume.
Until then, I guess I'll have to wait in a Navajo sweet lodge. :thumbsup:

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Season two premiered last night.
I'm hooked all over again.
This series is very entertaining.
Chemistry with a sense of humor.
The writing is top notch and the action is fast paced.
:thumbsup:

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Season two premiered last night.
I'm hooked all over again.
This series is very entertaining.
Chemistry with a sense of humor.
The writing is top notch and the action is fast paced.
:thumbsup:

Oh, good. I hope it's available for viewing online as I don't have a television anymore. That is a really great show.

carrot

Flashaholic
The first season was supposed to have nine episodes but the strike caused them to have to cut two episodes, down to seven. Too bad, because I felt there was something to be developed that they missed out on. In any case, it's a great new show and I am very excited for the second season! I agree, chemistry was never this cool before.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
... chemistry was never this cool before.

It was. But the problem is that many of the cool chemistry projects would get you arrested nowadays.

Chemistry projects contained in chemistry books that your Great Grandfather would have been given as school textbooks, would now be confiscated in many nations for being too dangerous. Ironically, most of the terminology is so outdated, those old textbooks would be useless anyway.