OLight T10 Q5: Any other 1x123 or AA lights with similar hotspot

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Guys,

I've always craved throw and hotspots in my small lights.
I'm also a big fan of Fenix's L1D and P2D, but I always
wanted a tighter hotspot.

Then the OLight T10 Q5 made it's way to me.
This is what I've been searching for:clap::clap:

I love it and it's part of my EDC rotation.

I'm just curious, does any other small light (1x123 or AA Cell)
even come close to OLights hotspot ??

Thanks!

Ray

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for something other than OLights :naughty:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed it is a great light but I don't know of any that match this unique combo of small hot spot, throw and still have some spill thanks to their unique partly stippled reflector. If this light just had a forward clicky or even an easier to use clicky it would probably be my primary EDC. I'm looking for a switch to replace the existing one. I'd also like to see more designs like this reflector uses. UI is very nice too. I'd also like to know if there are other ones like this.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would also like to see a tactical body for the T10.
Would make it much easier for one handed use.

I wish Fenix would try these reflectors...I would buy a bunch :thumbsup:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think what mostly you are looking at is that the Olight reflector is deeper than a fenix reflector. Having a non-smooth reflector usually widens the beam out, giving you more spill.

So, for fenix, it wouldn't just be swapping reflectors, it would be changing the size of the head, and I think it's about a 1/4" difference, too. :shrug:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think what mostly you are looking at is that the Olight reflector is deeper than a fenix reflector. Having a non-smooth reflector usually widens the beam out, giving you more spill.

So, for fenix, it wouldn't just be swapping reflectors, it would be changing the size of the head, and I think it's about a 1/4" difference, too. :shrug:

Sounds like a sweet new
Fenix line of throwers!

One can dream right?

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lumapower D-Mini uses a single RCR-123 cell and its spot is about 3 times the lux level of my Olight T20 (both modded with Q5 emitter). The main reason is that it has a considerably larger diameter head. But it's still a very small light.

c_c

Wattnot

Enlightened
From what I've been told (repeat, NO firsthand knowledge), the Surefire L1 Cree is unbeatable in this size catagory.

Lightmax

Newly Enlightened
The Olight T15 has a similar hot spot. :whistle:

It is my edc, I'm happy with it. :)

I've had a T10 Q5 for about a week now, as my EDC.

Great little light. It won't replace my M1 T when I need a tactical light, however, I'll be carrying this T10 every day in my pocket !

In addition, I love the digital power levels. 11 lm on low, or 180 lm on high, with a couple more levels in between.

Lightmax !