Are Titaniums safe to use in my E1B?

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Hello all,
I recieved my E1B from battery junction yesterday and had a question. It came with 8 free titanium brand batteries and I was wondering if it would be ok to use in my E1B, and possibly my L4. Thanks for the help.

-Evan

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
In general you are pretty safe since venting with flame events are pretty rare.

Single cell venting is almost unheard of. So the E1B is good to go.

The L4 draws a lot of current and that's hard on batteries. I wouldn't buy the Chinese ones but if I had them I would probably use them if I had them.

If you are really worried just use them in the E1b and save the SF cells for the L4.

Lightguy27

Enlightened
So it would be fine to use them in my E1B but my L4 would probably be asking too much for them, ok. Has any body used titaniums in their E1B yet? What were your results if so?

-Evan

slagell

Newly Enlightened
They pretty fond of them at flashligthtreviews.com, and the results on 123A's in one of these forums show they do quite well at a 2 amp drain. Titatniums are all I buy.

Supernam

Enlightened
In general you are pretty safe since venting with flame events are pretty rare.

Single cell venting is almost unheard of. So the E1B is good to go.

The L4 draws a lot of current and that's hard on batteries. I wouldn't buy the Chinese ones but if I had them I would probably use them if I had them.

If you are really worried just use them in the E1b and save the SF cells for the L4.

I'm pretty sure they have been manufactured in the US for quite a while now. Just to be sure, just look closely at the label.

roymail

Enlightened
FYI, I saw a post recently about someplace online where you can buy Titanium CR123's for just over $1 each and FREE SHIPPING. But, like a dumb butt I didn't save it. It's somewhere around here and someone else may have that information. I hope they chime in here. Enjoy your new E1B. :wave:

Lightguy27

Enlightened
FYI, I saw a post recently about someplace online where you can buy Titanium CR123's for just over $1 each and FREE SHIPPING. But, like a dumb butt I didn't save it. It's somewhere around here and someone else may have that information. I hope they chime in here. Enjoy your new E1B. :wave:

Well at Battery Junction they are a dollar each and I think if you buy enough of them then you get free shipping.