Me want Malkoff M60 Drop In Now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiredgun

Newly Enlightened
Okay, after sounding like a spoiled child in my title, I'm ready to compose myself a little bit and see if anyone wants to play a game. Any predictions on the day, hour, minute Gene will send that highly anticipated email saying he's got some M60s available?

Has anyone done a statistical analysis on the past dates and times that Gene has offered the M60 drop in? Perhaps a scientific prediction can be made from the analysis?

I have charted internet workstations or devices within a 30 second run in any location I may be in over the next 3 weeks. I will be victorious next time!!!

Wattnot

Enlightened
I've been looking at this for maybe my G2 but I was told it's not the greatest setup because of heat issues. Then I saw the Malkoff L60 at 135 lumens but it's the same price! So the 6P is the most popular host for this drop in? What makes this better if you can buy a light that puts out 230-250 lumens for just over what the drop in costs? This question is honest and not meant to be inflammatory in any way! I've heard they're fantastic but I was looking for a little more real world words/opinions on this.

Thanks!

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been looking at this for maybe my G2 but I was told it's not the greatest setup because of heat issues. Then I saw the Malkoff L60 at 135 lumens but it's the same price! So the 6P is the most popular host for this drop in? What makes this better if you can buy a light that puts out 230-250 lumens for just over what the drop in costs? This question is honest and not meant to be inflammatory in any way! I've heard they're fantastic but I was looking for a little more real world words/opinions on this.

Thanks!

if you ever see one in person you would understand. It's a massive piece of copper as heatsink and a great optic that gives a lot of spill along with an intense hotspot. The quality of the module makes any other budget drop-in seem like a joke.

hiredgun

Newly Enlightened
After much reading and consideration of Chinese drop-ins, Bugout Gear, etc. I like the beam quality, build quality and reputation of the M60. I want something a little softer and more floody than a white/blue thrower. Sure, it costs more, but I have a nice Surefire 6P host waiting for a nice drop in. I also have the luxury of throwing the extra money Gene's way because I want to. The whole lottery factor has me hooked--unfortunately--too!

hiredgun

Newly Enlightened
how does the lottery work? Sorry I haven't kept up with it. I recently handled one in person and now I want one.:nana:

Well, it's not a lottery in the true sense. You need to go to Gene's website and sign up for email notification when he's got some product ready for sale. When the email goes out, it's more like a mad dash to the internet to get your drop in.

Wattnot

Enlightened
Someone suggested I could put this in my CL1H V3. If I do that, will I still have hi/low on the twist head or do I just get high only?

jbviau

Enlightened
Has anyone done a statistical analysis on the past dates and times that Gene has offered the M60 drop in? Perhaps a scientific prediction can be made from the analysis?

Ok, a quick look at all of the emails I've gotten from December on announcing new batches of M60s reveals the following: Your odds go up drastically after 6 p.m. All but one of the emails were sent after dinner, i.e. 8 p.m., 11 p.m., etc. Hope that helps! I've had good luck in the past, so maybe it will rub off...

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you ever see one in person you would understand. It's a massive piece of copper as heatsink and a great optic that gives a lot of spill along with an intense hotspot. The quality of the module makes any other budget drop-in seem like a joke.

It's brass. The optic is available as a 10pk for $10 from KD. But he does turn the brass himself.

Last edited:

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks!

Well what you're buying into is not just simply a drop-in, but rather the modular functionality of the Surefire Classic series of flashlights. Sure you could go out and buy a fully built flashlight with comparable performance at a lower price, but most likely it's going to both proprietary in functionality and possible lower in quality. Gene's M60 is a high quality product (as is his Maglite Dropins) that justifies the cost. What are you getting with the M60 you ask? Well, you getting a top notch, high quality product that you can use in your high quality Surefire Classic series flashlight AND just about ANY OTHER P60 compatible flashlight.

hiredgun

Newly Enlightened
Well, I relied too much on technology. My instinct told me that an announcement was imminent and sure enough, the next day, Gene announced he had over 30 drop ins. I just happened to be logged in to Gene's site and was screen refreshing most of the day. I went to a meeting (1 1/2 hours of sheer boredom and torture) and had to leave my computer. I had a Blackberry with me to notify me of any incoming email and the email NEVER came! I"m not sure what happened there. I get back to my desk and I find out the drop ins came and went just like that.

So, I'm still in the game. And yes, it is now a game to me. It's the only way to keep my hopes alive.

hiredgun

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
I find this amazing:

I got a malkoff email, that read, "I have thirty-two P60 drop ins available."

within 1 hour 30 min... they were ALL gone.

amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.