chalk another victory up for surefire

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
i do this with every surefire i get but i cant help myself. the d3 is perfect- like a big e2e. no i didnt buy the light- just the body. i put the smooth old type head on it and a closed end tailcap and it seems to compliment my black e2. its compact and looks like it belongs on a business suit. yet the knowledge of what this little guy can do is what realy gets me going. it is as edcable as a e2 but is sooooo bright. a true edc and edu for sure!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the beam like on the D3?

Tight and narrow, or wider, or in the middle?

My realistic lighting needs are 300-600 feet. (maybe 500 ft). That's about as far as my dog gets from me.

I am looking for something just a little brighter than my Brinkmann Legend LX will go, although, for most of the time, that baby works very well! BUT, I don't want a pencil beam, either.

ToddM

Enlightened
I too would be interested if they've made a better P90 bulb as of late. I know the couple that I have had in my 9P have really been eliptical, probably 2-3x as tall as they are wide. I'd like my 9P a lot more if it had the round beam the p60 had. I generally use the p91 bulb in it because it's a nice round beam.

Todd