lost my 6pd with BOG premuim drop in

ghostguy6

Enlightened
Well it finally happened, I lost my duty light:mecry: While working at a local night club I had to respond to a fight. Sometime while runnng through the crowd my light case got caught on something or someone and popped open. Somewhere during the 75 ft dash through some 400 people my light must have bounced out of the case and onto the floor. Unfortunatly the light did not turn on making it impossible to find. I searched for about 30 minutes, stayed past closing to look and even left a note for the janitor with no signs. Knowing my luck some little drunk punk probably found it and will throw it away once the batteries die:(. I wouldnt be so mad if I knew someone found it and will take care of it but knowing the patrons at the club, they wont. Hopefully some girl found it and put it in her purse and maybe one day it will scare off some creepy guy should the need arise but who really knows. And now that I think of all the stuff that little light survived, all the people it " accidently" hit and all the evidence it helped me find, it makes me miss it even more.
I have ordered a replacement but i have to wait roughtly 3 weeks for it to arrive ( shipping from the US to Can) So now I have to get used to carrying another light until my back up arrives. Ill probably go with my strion and hope the one hour runtime will last me a shift. Ill end my rant here.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'm sorry for you loss.

Maybe attach a cord to you light that is long enough for you to use the light normally. That way if it falls out, it will still be attached to something.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can sympathize, I had my Night-Ops Gladius stolen off the seat of my patrolcar one night. I was changing the batteries and got a domestic distubance in progress call. The only time I left my partol car unclocked and some dirtbag stole my favorite light.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can sympathize, I had my Night-Ops Gladius stolen off the seat of my patrolcar one night. I was changing the batteries and got a domestic distubance in progress call. The only time I left my partol car unclocked and some dirtbag stole my favorite light.

We are doomed as a society! Stealing from a cop car?! Criminals with more balls than brains. It's sad, really really sad...

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know its a long shot, but I put a small peice of paper with:
my Name/ Phone #/ Email/ Home address

along with a simple: "If found please return to:"
I have the note rolled around the batteries and HOPEFULLY when the person goes to change the batteries they get the note as well.

I know in todays societly it is unlikely someone will be honest enought to return the light, but in my opinion its worth the effort.

R.I.P. 6PD/BOG:candle::(

IcantC

Enlightened
Wow sorry to hear that. At least you can replace the light with something else now. Though that was a good combo.

Wow imagine the balls to steal out of a marked car... Society these days :rolleyes:

I have the note rolled around the batteries and HOPEFULLY when the person goes to change the batteries they get the note as well.

I know in todays societly it is unlikely someone will be honest enought to return the light, but in my opinion its worth the effort.

While this is a good idea, it is not always a good idea for the LE brothers/sisters... What if the light is dropped in a scuffle or you work the bad parts of town... Last thing you want is for some scum to find all your personal info and show up at your house. It may be a nice idea to add your agency name in there or just an email address you created for this purpose. Always be safe and watch your back.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah....probably not the info an LE should put, but the department info or something might help.

ghostguy6

Enlightened

Thats a good suggestion but id prefer if people didnt know my personal info unless i give it to them. Last thing I need is some guy I just got into a fight with knowing where I live.
I just bought a much tougher looking case so hopefully it wont happen again.

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry to hear that, i have the same setup the 6pd with bog led love it but my tailcap went so know i wait for a new one.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a G2 with Bog Q5 drop in so I know what your missing. It is my brightest LED light. I have lost a couple of lights in my day too. While hunting I've lost at least two I can think of off the top of my head. No matter how I attached them to my belt I always found a way to loose them. Years ago my dad made some custom leather holsters for our hunting lights which fit very tight around the light. You almost needed a hammer to get them in and out. It seemed to work for a long time, but one day I got home from hunting and no light. I always found a way to loose them. I always carry a small back up in my pants pocket now.

I am also a stickler for how I carry my lights, clips, holsters, landyards, whatever it is, if I don't find it to my exact liking, I change it.

Here's hoping you don't have to wait too long for your replacement.

Bill