Inova X5 for $20....

bj

Newly Enlightened
I just recently found this board, and it's been a lot of fun. My obligatory Arc AAA and CMG Infinity-G are on the way, and I was pondering other acquisitions.

I found a thread talking about some light from Sharper Image and it got me thinking. They're a partner with Discover card, who now prefers to give you gift certificates instead of a check for your cash back bonus. So I think, well, for $20 I could get a $40 gift cert for Sharper, let's see what they've got. Usually it just seems to be overpriced gadgets that I personally have no use for....

Well, they carry the X5 for $40. I figure that means I should be able to get it for $20, so I ordered the gift card. Too bad it won't just give you a code or something, now I have to wait for it to be mailed! But if this works out, it'll be worth it.

Just a thought for anyone who might have a few bonus bucks accumulated on their card. Didn't seem like there was any strings, like minimum purchase. If anyone's tried this, please share with the class. (And don't buy them all before I get mine!)

I'm not sure this is the right forum, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

-brian

tech

Newly Enlightened
Yes indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I got a gift certificate purchased with Discover bonus point/bucks and bought the X5T, SI's three LED torch, the three LED clip light, and the two LED keychain light.

T