Valentine's Day Confessions

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, own up, who bought their partners a flashlight this Valentine's day?

:wave:Well, that's my hand held up high. I gave it to my girlfriend the weekend before Valentine's. She absolutely loves it. Here it is...

OrbWee.jpg

Yes, it is beautiful, yes it has 80 lumen at the emitter, and yes, it is rechargable. Available from Rob at Lummi

jugg2

Enlightened
Wow, thats a sweet light! Unfortunately, I don't have anybody to give a light to...:mecry: Oh well, more for me.:whistle:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Mikey!

My wife does not share my passion for flashlights. She does however make sure she has her Arc-AAA with her when she travels. For me this is progress.

This Valentine's Day I will cook her favorite foods, open a bottle of good wine, and light some candles.

kelmo

scottaw

Enlightened
I gave my soon to be wife a P2D about 2 weeks ago, after she told me "i always have to run to the car to get my little flashlight because nobody ever has one" Her car light is a dorcy super 1 watt, i gave her the fenix b/c it fits in a purse like nothing.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did think about getting my loved one a flashlight... but it's a little too early for that! She is just getting used to the whole idea and finds it useful that I always EDC one especially at night, and comes to expect it now.

Maybe one of those Wee NS next year ... if she shows enough interest :)

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't anything much for my wife for Valentine's since her birthday was on the 1st Feb and I did get her what she wanted then.. For valentine I bought MYSELF my first Strider, a SMF Drop point G-10 from Dan of plazacutlery.....

dano101

Enlightened
I was sick on Valentines day... so while my wife was out she felt bad and bought me a minimag stuck in cupcake, to serve as the candle. I thought it was pretty sweet. She didnt get a light, because she already has a light for every situation/place imaginable.

da.gee

Enlightened
Pink Nautilus for my wife. I highly recommended she not lose it.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
My gf flew up to visit me from LA, but she missed her flight to San Jose. I told her to catch the next flight to San Francisco...so I would have an excuse to swing by OpticsHQ! haha. Of course, we spent the rest of the day in The City...so that was fun for both of us. I got her the new Surefire E1B Backup...that I bought that day!

Last edited:

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice choice there on the E1B!

To be honest, that was the "cheapest" light that I could give to her without feeling guilty. I want her to have something nice, but not too expensive since she doesn't know the difference between that and a candle. haha.

That light that you gave your girlfriend is awesome! I'm glad she loves it!