• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired MR BULK VIP: WITHDRAWN

For sale is a Mr.Bulk VIP. Light is in mint condition. Three levels of operation controlled by small switch on body. Tailswitch clicks light on and off.

Price: WITHDRAWN $225.00. Cash paypal. CC paypal add 4%. Shipping by prioritymail, delivery confirmation included. Insurance add $4.00.

First unconditional "Ill take it" posted here gets the light.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2355/2263558691_e142c07469.jpg
[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2164/2264345352_c0b932abd1.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

2263558691_e142c07469.jpg

2264345476_b4ac4d0a6a.jpg

Last edited:

white light

Enlightened
Re: MR BULK VIP

:mecry:me too :poke:.:devil: wonder what I should sell off :confused: :crackup:.Cool light from a great seller.

Hello JohnTZ

I am not really knowledgeable about Mr. Bulk lights, but I'll tell you what I know. I bought this light as an exploration to see what others like so much about Mr. Bulk. What I found out is that the light is beautifully made and designed. My understanding is that this light, which is stock, has a Lux III emitter, and that emitters for all the Mr. Bulk lights were hand picked by Mr. Bulk himself. (I think his name was Charlie, and maybe someone else can tell us why we no longer see Mr. Bulk lights.) The result is that although the emitter is a Lux III, it is beautiful. Were I keeping the light, I would not change it. It may not be as bright as a Seoul or Cree, but it is excellent in its own right and, in any case, it will keep you from falling into a hole.

I am selling this light for the same reason that a lot of people here sell lights: I just have too many of them. I'm trying to reduce the numbers to approximate those I use.

If you want a Mr. Bulk light, this one is in really good shape.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well Bill, Charlie Wong is his name and "Mr. Bulk" has continued (s) to make lights after the VIP including the LionHeart, the LionCub, the Chameleon and most recently the "Dragon". The VIP is one of the "classics" IMO and can be a "user" or a "shelf queen" with equal ease. There are certainly those here who can give a much more extensive accounting of the Mr Bulk lights.

Karl

donn_

Flashaholic

Perhaps I can expand a bit on Bill and Karl's posts.

The VIP was built in the spring of 2004, by Mr. Bulk (Charles Wong) and the HAT (Hawaii Assembly Team):

HAT.jpg

The HAT, consisted of, left-to-right, Sonic, Darkgear, ZenGhost, Zackhugh, and Mr. Bulk with his new reading glasses.

The photos Bill posted are of a VIP with "Bulkhead," a larger diameter head than the stock head. The Bulkhead contains a large and deep reflector to maximize the throw of the light's beam. The stock head, which was the same diameter as the body, contained a focusing optic.

Here are a couple of VIP's; a black one like Bill's, wearing its stock head, with a Bulkhead beside it, and a raw aluminum copy wearing its Bulkhead, with a stock head and optic alongside:

001-33.jpg

002-32.jpg

The VIP has many features which stood it apart from other lights of the day, including a unique body texture consisting of knurled ridges which makes for an extremely aggressive but comfortable grip, and a three position brightness switch just under the head. Activate the light with the Kroll clicky hidden in the sharply pointed tail-standing tailcap, and control the brightness with the switch, low-medium-high.

Almost 4 years later, the VIP is still a phenom of a light, both as a user, or as a collectible.

Here's a set of Mr. Bulk bare aluminum lights, including almost all of the lights Karl listed:

bulksale.jpg

Left-to-right you see the VIP, Lionheart, Chameleon, Lioncub and the Big Bulkhead, a turbo head which fits a couple of the lights. After the VIP, Mr. Bulk lights began sporting what I consider one of the most perfect flashlight UIs. The small button on the body not only activates the light, but can be held down to 'scroll' through a variety of brightness levels.

Much more information and photos can be found here: http://darkgear.com/mrbulk/vip5.htm

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the historical literary perspective and pics donn! Now, if you don't already have 'em, go fer it!:thumbsup:

karl