The GS is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beam shots coming. We built up stock before accepting orders and we now think we have enough to start offering this new product.

The $49.95 Arc-AAA Premium with GS LED has all the same specs as the original Premium save the center hotspot is oval and output is increased to 10.5lumens Minimum. 5 hours runtime to 50%. Lifetime Warranty.

Order Page

peter

Draven451

Enlightened
Man thats great news! I can't wait till the Arc-LS comes out! :thumbsup:

Fathom

Newly Enlightened
The GS is going to be marked "Arc-P" but for now, we plan on offering the DS at the same time.

Will it remain with the ARC-P etch, the "but for now," lost me? Or will it change in the future?

I get confused so easily... having two or three identical bodies with different price and performance parameters.

I miss the old ARC LLC with its classy font. Can the AAA heads be swapped between different generations of battery cases???

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will it remain with the ARC-P etch, the "but for now," lost me? Or will it change in the future?

I get confused so easily... having two or three identical bodies with different price and performance parameters.

I miss the old ARC LLC with its classy font. Can the AAA heads be swapped between different generations of battery cases???

That has been a problem for a while (body marked vice the head). It would be nice to see the head identified seperately. I have seen the use of a small, thin brass disk with a letter stamped on it as the battery contact to ID the LED from another manufacturer. The disk is soldered to the anode contact, however, it would make adjustment of the contact height (solder blob - add or remove) more difficult to account for variances in tube lengths.

Fathom

Newly Enlightened
The $49.95 Arc-AAA Premium with GS LED has all the same specs as the original Premium save the center hotspot is oval and output is increased to 10.5lumens Minimum. 5 hours runtime to 50%. Lifetime Warranty.

Order Page

peter
I was sad about the higher price but just now I pulled up my original purchase web page (I keep all those) from 2005.

My 2005, new 5.5 Lumen MTD LLC Arc AAA Premium was $49.99 (not including shipping).

The new 10.5 lumen GS is a few pennies less.

I didn't realize my Arc Premium isn't so "premium" any more, but at least this jump in lumen does not have any where near the jump in price they had back when.

If my 2005 Arc did not look as good and work so fine after three years on a key chain I would jump at the new GS. But I can not justify retiring the old Arc. I think it will stay on my key chain a few more years. I'd rather save for a new [Arc LS].

But if I had the money to spare...

Good going Gransee for rotating the prices as the technology evolves!
buttrock.gif

So... the new LS. About the same price as the old???

Oops, strayed off topic. Agh, you must know how anticipation of the unknown feels. Come on, we like GOOD surprises

EDIT: everywhere I have 2005 I had typed 1985 :ohgeez:

Last edited:

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
$49.99 in 1985 dollars is equivalent to $98.56 in 2007 dollars.

But Arc was founded in 2001?

Last edited:

Fathom

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, I meant to type 2005, I will go back and correct that. I've been up too many hours straight...

Holy Sh.. Three times! that is some serious brain lock! Time to go to bed I think.

Arc AAA LED Flashlight Premium, NEW VERSION from MTD
This item has been paid through PayPal. Payment was sent to: [email protected] on Oct-22-05.
Item number: 8711841166
US $49.99

I think that was the only way I could find to buy the ARC-P it back then.
Fathom

Last edited:

tnuckels

Enlightened
No disrespect meant, but I have what I believe to be several Nichia GS-K1s, according to the seller, who I believe to be reliable, as well as output readings using an old camera light meter showing these LEDs a touch brighter than a DS, and by physical measurement of the 5mm LED matching Nichia's specs, but I fail to see the "oval"-ness of the beam pattern. As a simple test I just swapped the DS for a GS in my Photon II Micro-Light II and pointed it at the wall, and though I didn't measure it accurately or anything, it looks pretty close to round to me.

Perhaps the oval only shows under other conditions … if Peter could clarify this point some, I think his initial description is not very appealing to some potential customers and turning them off to this new offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.