I need a LOW power LED drop in

pete55555

Newly Enlightened
With the upcoming road construction season, I am planning on using a SF C2 with an orange traffic cone while working traffic control. It seems a waste to use a Malkoff or other high power led drop in when all I really need is just enough light to illuminate the orange cone. Also, it would be nice to get a lot more run time on a set of batteries. The Malkoff M60LL looks promising (if I can get one!). Does anyone know of anything available that will give me what I need? A 3v drop in would be even better to save $$ on batteries.

Wolfhound 9K

Newly Enlightened
With the upcoming road construction season, I am planning on using a SF C2 with an orange traffic cone while working traffic control. It seems a waste to use a Malkoff or other high power led drop in when all I really need is just enough light to illuminate the orange cone. Also, it would be nice to get a lot more run time on a set of batteries. The Malkoff M60LL looks promising (if I can get one!). Does anyone know of anything available that will give me what I need? A 3v drop in would be even better to save $$ on batteries.

honestly, I too considered the whole C2/traffic wand setup thing but eventually came to the conclusion that a minimag with a nite-ize flashlight wand and a set of NiMHs would be much more practical

1) rechargable AA's (or lithium AAs) are much more practical than CR123as for daily utility use - just turn it on and forget about it
2) a minimag is very pocketable, especially when it stores inside the traffic wand, and if you ever run out of juice for whatever reason.. you won't have to bother a cop for some 123a's :thumbsup:
3) best benefit - a minimag/traffic wand/L91 AA lithium setup is expendable if you loose it or someone borrows it and never returns it... maybe $25 total versus a $100 C2 and a $45 malkoff dropin which is still overkill IMO for lighting up a plastic cone...

Last edited: