Novatac - pinched O-Ring?

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Okay - I did a night time swap of my Novatac's battery from one AW to my spare. I'm trying out the ability to carry one EDC (and not two) and live with a single light and 2 spare batteries in a tubular match case.

Well, I pinched the O-Ring. It's slightly stretched now.

Has anyone second sourced the o-ring at all from someone like Ace?

Thanks,
Steve

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
If its like the HDS ring, yes, it happens. If I slow down when screwing down, so the moment it touches the O ring I am going very slowly, I can manage a loose ring. But its a pain. HDS instructions say its a 1mm x 22mm buna rubber.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
From the NovaTec manual: 1.5mm x 21.5mm Nitrile (Buna-N) 70 Durometer
I believe the 21.5mm is the inside diameter.

You might check a large hardware store (Ace, True Value, etc.) Many have a wide selection of O-rings, more than you might expect.

The other 'easy' source is McMaster
http://www.mcmaster.com/
Their search interface is the coolest on the web, type in 'O' & hit the space bar, to pull up every O-ring that they have. Select one, narrow down by size, material, etc. Order by mid evening & it arrives next day. That particular O-ring is McMaster #9262K643, priced at $8.09/pack of 100.

slvoid

Newly Enlightened
Mcmaster is great. I'm a mechanical engineer and when I call from my company, they just sent me a free pack as an engineering sample.

Hayseed_40

Newly Enlightened
Steve:

My family owns a seal company. The 21.5 x 1.5 is a standard JIS size. Just checked the server remotely and we have quite a few of this in 70 duro nbr. E-mail me your address and I will drop a few into the post for you as free samples.

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Steve:

My family owns a seal company. The 21.5 x 1.5 is a standard JIS size. Just checked the server remotely and we have quite a few of this in 70 duro nbr. E-mail me your address and I will drop a few into the post for you as free samples.

PM Replied to. Thank you!

-Steve

gunga

Flashaholic
Does anyone know if DealExtreme sells the right size? They have a few that seem close, but I never know if they are accurate in their measurements.

I could use a few, but don't want to order 100+...
That and $1 each is robbery.

Weird how most Asian lights will throw in a few o-rings, but a fairly costly Novatac doesn't.

:ohgeez:

Latest posts