Dereelight

DavidC

Newly Enlightened
Been lookin' at the CL1H. I hear Dereelight is a Hong Kong company. Anyone know what kind of waiting time is involved after ordering?

Also, what do you folks think about the Olight? The T20 sure looks interesting, reminds me of the Fenix.....

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dereelight uses free EMS shipping for the lights and under normal circumstances it takes about a week (5-7 days) to get to Michigan.

Fird

Enlightened
The CL1H is well worth it, i bought mine used in the U.S. I just fired it up for the first time today and was duly impressed. Biggest draw for me: it's upgradeable, and the upgrade path is quite simple.

pbs357

Enlightened
+1. Surprisingly, considering how far away, I got my Q5 drop-in from them in just over a week. Great tint and build quality, plus the reflectors are changeable so you can do either OP or smooth depending on your preference. They don't get a ton of press but it is a great unit, well worth the money, especially at ~$30 USD for the drop-in! :thumbsup:

coldass

Newly Enlightened
Just got my CL1H 3SD. Shipping was prompt to Australia (by Hong Kong post in my case not EMS). It took six days. Communication was excellent and emails were always replied - even with Chinese New Year in the middle. The light has exceeded my expectations so far. SO MUCH for the money.

****Hong Kong is part of the PRC - so is Chinese, but a special territory. My light was shipped from Dereelight in Hong Kong, although I believe manufactured within mainland China***

Patsplace

Newly Enlightened
Hi DavidC,
I'm new to the world of great flashlights, at least LED ones, so I've read everything there seems to be to read, on this site and on others too.

When ever it comes to the Dereelight products, the info. is pretty well uniform, they're a great outfit with an outstanding product. I don't know how they stack up against SureFire and Stream Light, but from everything (and it's a ton) that I could read, they really shine.

I just got the word from Alan that mine, with both the 18650 specific pill and the multi-power pill, plus it comes with both reflectors, entered the shipping circuit from China, yesterday.

Quivering all over like a dog on the first day of hunting season.

Pat

DavidC

Newly Enlightened
Hi DavidC,

I just got the word from Alan that mine, with both the 18650 specific pill and the multi-power pill, plus it comes with both reflectors, entered the shipping circuit from China, yesterday.
Pat

How long ago did you place the order?

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine took just a day over two weeks. I like my Dereelight. As an upgradeable, flexible system, it's pretty nice. Based on performance alone, it's decent. The aesthetic design is a bit clunky though. I count six different knurl, scallop, ridge patterns and that makes it a bit busy looking. For the price, it can't be beat.

I'd love an optional tailcap that exposes more of the rubber switch cover though. The present design sort of cuts into the thumb when activating the light and is uncomfortable. But the guard doesn't extend far enough to tail stand reliably. So this feature is sort of half-in, half-out, so-so.

Wilkey

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine took just a day over two weeks. I like my Dereelight. As an upgradeable, flexible system, it's pretty nice. Based on performance alone, it's decent. The aesthetic design is a bit clunky though. I count six different knurl, scallop, ridge patterns and that makes it a bit busy looking. For the price, it can't be beat.

I'd love an optional tailcap that exposes more of the rubber switch cover though. The present design sort of cuts into the thumb when activating the light and is uncomfortable. But the guard doesn't extend far enough to tail stand reliably. So this feature is sort of half-in, half-out, so-so.

Wilkey
The Black cap is shorter than the GITD cap and will allow the CL1H to tailstand rock solid.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent! Now how the heck does one install the black cap? There were no instructions in the box and it looks like you need a spanner wrench...which I do not have.

Wilkey

Edit: Nevermind. A pair of forceps did the trick. Thanks!

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
One question. It seems like the tailcap doesn't screw down as far as with the GITD cover. Is this the case? I can almost see the first Oring.

Wilkey

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my Dereelight CL1H V3.0 DI WH R2.

CLH1V3R2028Small.jpg

CLH1V3R2029Small.jpg

CLH1V3R2030Small.jpg

CLH1V3R2034Small.jpg

CLH1V3R2007Small.jpg

CLH1V3R2008Small.jpg

bspofford

Enlightened
My last two orders of DereeLight modules arrived in Colorado from China in FOUR and FIVE days by EMS!!! Most of my orders from dealers in the USA take at least as long. Alan at DereeLight runs a tight ship in every regard from design to manufacturing to customer support.:thumbsup:

cal..45

Enlightened
I ordered a DBS V2 on february the 9th. and was notified by alan four days later that the light was shipped on february the 13th. now its been two days since notification and the tracking number I was given doesn't show any results yet. well, lets see what will happen the next few days....

regards, holger

[update]

a few minutes after I typed this, I tried to track again and just got this message:

Your item was collected(City of Shanghai) at 2008-02-15 18:03:00

damn waiting....;)

Last edited:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a DBS V2 on february the 9th. and was notified by alan four days later that the light was shipped on february the 13th. now its been two days since notification and the tracking number I was given doesn't show any results yet. well, lets see what will happen the next few days....

regards, holger

[update]

a few minutes after I typed this, I tried to track again and just got this message:

Your item was collected(City of Shanghai) at 2008-02-15 18:03:00

damn waiting....;)
Dereelight was on Holiday(Chinese New Year) from Feb 3-13. Nothing shipped during that time period.

Last edited:

bryanjw

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a dereelight dbs on 2nd feb (sat) it shipped on monday 4th and arrived in Perth Western Australia on thursday 7th. It was shipped EMS and i paid $10 extra for the privilage. I too was under the impression nothing would ship over Chinese New Year but it did. :)

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a dereelight dbs on 2nd feb (sat) it shipped on monday 4th and arrived in Perth Western Australia on thursday 7th. It was shipped EMS and i paid $10 extra for the privilage. I too was under the impression nothing would ship over Chinese New Year but it did. :)

Dereelight is off during Chinese New Year, EMS is not.

Alan

BillD

Newly Enlightened
I have lights from Tiablo, Wolf Eyes, Regalight, JETBeam, as well as Dereelight, and I think the quality of Deree is the best of the group. The CL1H & DBS I have are of excellent quality, and the upgradability is a very valuable feature built into these lights.

I had absolutely no problems with either of my orders from Deree, and I found Alan to be extremely responsive to my one inquiry. I am one who would really appreciate a Dereelight EDC in the future.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dereelight is off during Chinese New Year, EMS is not.

Alan
Hi Alan, I was just posting what Alan(Dereelight) posted, that he sent the last orders out on Jan 30 and no more would be sent until after Feb 12. Here's a link to the post; http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showpost.php?p=2116884&postcount=138 . I've ordered my three Dereelights from their sales threads in the CPF MarketPlace(not Dereelight's website) and EMS shipping was free. Sorry for the mix-up.