Arc AAA DS How To Tell It Is A DS ????

fluke

Enlightened
How would I tell the difference between an Arc DS and a CS ???
If I don't have anything to compare it too ???

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a good question. The only way I can tell the difference is to compare a known DS and a CS. The DS is definitely a degree brighter. But by itself I don't know how you would tell.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
no way to tell, ARC-P old gen is Cs, new gen is DS, good luck!
i dont know how the E0 Compares to the Arc CS, but E0s are using CS, and my ARC-P DS is much whiter and quite a fair bit brighter

Crenshaw

crocodilo

Enlightened
My Arc CS is just a tiny bit brighter and less blue than my E0. On the other hand, runtime is only half... price was more than double... quality and durability seem far better... maybe I should bring my E0 back to the EDC rotation, instead of shelling another 50$ for a new Arc flavour...

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
There is no way of telling. That's the problem and that's why, going forward, I'd never purchase an Arc-AAA off the MarketPlace or anywhere other than Arc direct. There's just no easy way of confirming or validating what you're really getting. That's even true buying from Arc-direct, however it's the best chance you really have in knowing what you're buying.

Anarchocap

Enlightened
My Arc CS is just a tiny bit brighter and less blue than my E0. On the other hand, runtime is only half... price was more than double... quality and durability seem far better... maybe I should bring my E0 back to the EDC rotation, instead of shelling another 50$ for a new Arc flavour...

I have an Arc and an E0. Honestly, the E0 is just as rock solid as the AAA. I purchased a couple of the Natural E0s and they wear much better than the black finish. Seriously, for $20, the E0 is great. I see no practical reason to spend double on the Arc. I hope Fenix puts the DS in the E0. While I haven't seen too much difference in brightness, the color and tint is much better than the CS Nichias IMHO.

Last edited: