first weeks purchases am I bad?

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
After owning a 4 led lightwave for the last couple of years I accidentally discovered these forums, and after many, many hours of reading I've purchased the
surefire g2
the Inova X5
the arc aaa
and the arc LSH
thanks to all I've got a nice start in what I can justify
(that's important in the beginning) for the time being in what I think I can use on a somewhat regualar basis. The Inova X5 seems to be kind of the middle of price and performance, not as good a performer as the ARC LSH but then again, at half the price I guess it's where it should be. Anyone think I missed something this week? LOL!

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've got it covered... until you hear about the mods...

Which is now!

There is the MadMax ad Badboy modules for the 2AA MiniM^g and Blasters and LGI's and NexNeedles and... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome!

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
What you really want (need) is a 1 watt LS and a 5 watt LS.

For a 1 watt LS, you've gotta go the Madmax way or the Badboy way or the M@g 3D way or the LGI way etc.

For a 5 watt LS, you've gotta go the Space Needle 2 way or the Electrolumen's Blaster II+ way. Try and get one of each with a Mcflood AND and 30mm optics. This way you have both close range and long range covered.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Nerd said:
For a 1 watt LS, you've gotta go the Madmax way or the Badboy way or the M@g 3D way or the LGI way etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

He just ordered an Arc LSH, so he's covered on the 1 Watt LS way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
keithhr,
You got it bad Mr. Delete the CPF URL from your favorites and call an exorcist. If you don't you may get to the point you're spending so much money on lights you are not concerned the power is about to be turned off at your house for no payment, in fact you're happy. No power gives you another excuse to use and buy more lights. It's madness I tell you, madness.

Good to have you with us.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Billmanweh said:
A Tigerlight, it's nutty bright

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, the new tigerlight slogan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
keithhr,
You got it bad Mr. Delete the CPF URL from your favorites and call an exorcist. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif Exactly! My credit card company thinks: (a) My credit card was stolen and is being used by a flashlight maniac; (b) That I'm anticipating the next solar eclipse to last a year; or (c) I've joined the light legions of CPF and will soon need a second mortgage on the home.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome aboard!

-Jim

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
How can you say I've got it bad, I needed the lights that I bought. My old 4 led lightwave went into my car glove compartment, Inova X5 is on my desk for looking in my file cabinets and for reading the dim lcd on my fax machine which is placed where my halogen lamp doesn't shine on it properly, the G2 is on my desk and ready for accessing strange sounds and possible varmits in my back yard. The ARC LSh is my my keychain for my Passat in the garage, the ARC aaa is on my other key chain for my work car, and
there you have it, I really did have a need (or want) for these different lights, and besides, they feel so goooood in my hand and in my pocket, of course I can get a really good deal on a surefire 9P maybe with the P91 bulb for maybe special circumstances and that would be my last light for a while, any more than that I will have to hide from my signifigant other, what do you think about the surefire 9P for $65 plus the brighter bulb? At least I have a good sense of humor, i'm glad I found these forums because they are a lot cheaper than the Home Theater forums I also frequent.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlights are one thing... home theaters? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm glad I'm not addicted to knives...

onelight

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif You done good. NOW lets talk about next week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
seriously, an inexpensive surefire 9P with the 91 bulb? that would be triple the light that my G2 has. 65 lumens vs 200 lumens, and that should hold me for a while, unless i'm missing something from one of the esteemed and more knowledgeable flashaholics, cause i've only been reading this stuff for the last 10 days, and lots of searches, let alone the mod possibilities which I haven't even looked at, because i'm a rookie.

jimbob

Newly Enlightened
I think I'm in the same sitation as you! In my last week, I purchased:

Streamlight Polystinger
Streamlight Scorpion
ARC AAA
ARC LSH-P
E2E-HA

I'm afraid it's getting out of hand! But then again, I'm still missing the bigger lights!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened
keithhr,

If it is the output of the P91 that you desire, I would strongly recomend that you look into this mod: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?

It will only cost you around forty dollars and is easy to do. And if and when you wish to change your G2 back, just keep the G2Z bezel in place. I have allready replaced the standard bezel on my G2 with the Pyrex (and hexagonal) bezel of the G2Z and can say from experience that aesthetics are improved by quite a bit. Even if you decide not to go with this mod, the pyrex bezel is still a sound investment IMHO.

Respectfully,
Dale

Flow

Newly Enlightened
Hrmmmm.... Don't laugh at me, but is the space needle a "standalone" like the blaster or a mod to an existing light?
And whats this about a 30mm lens?
I feel I have more research to do...
Right now I'm looking at my options for a 5W LS with as much throw as possible. Regulated would be nice, but battery life isn't that big a concern.
I'm trying to do my own homework but this is all so much more complex then I ever thought it could be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I was thinking about giving my G2 to my father and replacing it with the surefire P9, has anyone seen or compared these two lights, my dad would get a kick out of the G2 because I know he has never seen anything like it.