Name This Green Light

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I found this light buried in one of my flashlight parts boxes. Well, mine is not green but I remember the originals were anodized green. I remember something like they were made by a Larry(? SN) & that they were never officialy for sale. Uses a MJ converter. I think I remember seeing picture of one on SF's Paul Kim's keychain?

I'm not sure what to do with it. I remember assembling the pill & getting the light working. Looks like I have parts to make another pill for it. It came with a glass lens that is not installed. I don't know how to go about gluing the lens in? I'm trying to find more info it. I'm not sure what to do with it. Anyone remember? TIA

Img_0454.jpg

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're tvorde's n-cell. I recognize the ultra thin can. Only Larry is nuts enough to make such thing.

Congrats! for owning such a beauty.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I have to ask how in the world could such a beauty end up in a spare parts bin. When I first glanced at it I thought it was a cut down ARC-AA however regardless it is a very interesting looking package. Do you remember the BIN code of the emitter and also what type is that optic in the bezel?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I remember buying some parts off Larry & he gave me this. The head has traces of green on it. Looks like they had some type of spill accident on it? I need to strip the rest of the anodizing off the head.

It got tossed into a spare parts bin because all my stuff did. I got away from modding lights for some years but somehow I'm back here now. It's like treasure finding all the goodies I have.

I received it without a converter or Lux. I assembled the pill using a R2H I believe. The Lux is going to get replaced anyway. Plus I have another pill I can make. The optics looks like a NX-05 but it has been severly cut down & shortened.

Any Idea how I should secure the glass lens? I don't want glue residue showing when it is lit up.

Thanks

EDIT: I found a couple threads about it. It's called the NLS?
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/36178
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/36211

"Best I could do was turned-down and shortened NX-05's. I turned them to .435" diameter and shortened them to .250". (At abt .240" the internal ball lens falls out.) I ripped-off Peter Gransee's split ring attachment design for the Arc AA so as to provide a "candle mode" capability. I was fortunate to find some 11.5mm watch crystals to use as lenses. Then I had to find a way to glue them in- big mistake."

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Dude... I'll buy that "mystery light" from you, for real cheap! :laughing:

Wow - this might beat me finding a quarter in the couch cushion the other day!

john

Latest posts