Best Price for Novatac EDC 85P?

hayhay

Newly Enlightened
The best price I've found is at lighthound.com for 99.99$...is that the best i'm gonna get? Also, would you recommend the 85P for edc?

TJx

Newly Enlightened
At Lighthound, with discount code (2%) "CPF" + free Priority Mail Shipping + great service, I don't think you can do better !!!

At Lighthound, with discount code (2%) "CPF" + free Priority Mail Shipping + great service, I don't think you can do better !!!

WTH, I have read numerous threads wondering if there was a discount code for Lighthound. Every response was " only discount is great service!!! ...:sigh:

goodwij

Newly Enlightened
I got my 85P from Lighthound. I used the 2% discount, got free shipping and was very pleased with their service (received the light in less than a week)! Love the light. Lighthound is also on Novatac's "Where to Buy" list. I would buy from them again.

John

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my 85P from lighthound,I love it!

The other link looks like a 120 T (tacticle) not P programmable,it has the tacticle tail switch.

Zenster

Enlightened
I got my 85P from lighthound,I love it!

The other link looks like a 120 T (tacticle) not P programmable,it has the tacticle tail switch.

Yea, but the part number shown is "NT120P-B", the model number for the 120P in Black. I'd trust the part number more than the pic because a lot of companies use outdated or wrong pics for illustrations quite often while their part numbers have to more accurately agree with what they stock.

That's a helluva price for a 120P, but just for the heck of it, I did a search on that part number and a couple more places showed up that were also offering the 120P at a similar price ($130 to $140).
Now we have to wonder if some of the CPF stores that cater to us here in the forums may be taking us for granted when they seem to want to stand on a price of $170 for the same light.?

precisionworks

Flashaholic
we have to wonder if some of the CPF stores that cater to us here in the forums may be taking us for granted

The CPF stores have one thing in common ... you get what you order, good customer service, no hassle on returns or exchanges, emails are answered promptly, etc. Not every internet site works that way.

The easiest thing in the world is to put up a website & offer something for sale. No inventory in stock, that gets drop shipped from somewhere else. No staff, just email & a recorded message. If it doesn't work out, no problem, shut down the web site, disconnect the phone line, disappear. So what if a few, or quite a few lost a little money ... they can earn more.

Stores that stay in business year after year learn one rule of business - you have to charge enough today to be around tomorrow, to take care of customers.

Stores that sell at next to zero profit don't have that concern:thumbsdow

precisionworks

Flashaholic
"It is unwise to pay too much, but it is worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money ..... that is all. When you pay too little you sometimes lose everything, because the merchant that you bought from was incapable of doing the things it needs to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot .... it cannot be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk that you run. And if you do that you will have enough to pay for the something better"

John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

magic_elf

Banned
so are you saying that yourcornerstore.com doesn't provide all these levels of service from your own experience then?

arty

Enlightened
I got my 85P from Lighthound. On occasion, when reprogramming, I have gotten a flickering low. However, I have been able to fix it by reprogramming.
I now have:
Primary - 1 to 2 lux @ 1 meter (my meter is not that accurate at this low level)
secondary - @ 400 lux
third click - 80 lux
high is at about 1450 lux
I don't need more light than this. I use the light for the very lowest setting indoors, and it is nice to be able to alter all of this. IT is great for getting up and moving about without disturbing my wife. The 1.1 lumen low on a Surefire L1 (gen. 2) is much too bright.
I don't have a need for 120 lumens on high for extra bucks.

Beastmaster

Enlightened
@ Beastmaster, good find
Anybody have any experiences with Yourcornerstore.com? good, bad?
Haven't heard of them till now.

black is all sold out.. but i noticed they have ~23 pewters left @ $125.37
http://yourcornerstore.com/novatac-c-409_545.html

Any guesstimates as to when the NEXT generation Novatacs are coming out? 250P with R bin emitter ? :naughty:

Can't take the credit for the find. In the Black Novatac discussion, the link was posted there originally.

Yourcornerstore is a front for another shop that supposedly has good feedback. The actual shop is http://www.savesomebucks.com/

If you go to savesomebucks.com, they carry a bunch of Streamlight and Mag stuff.

-Steve