Yellow G2-LED Aluminum Bezel

AzGB

Enlightened
Well, SureFire decided to give all the Yellow G2L fans a yellow aluminum bezel. Appears to be paint, looks like powder-coating.

G2L_Yellow_Aluminum_Bezel_800.jpg

BSBG

Enlightened
I had heard they were doing this but had not seen one. You are right, it looks like powder coat .

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'll probably rub off with wear, similar to the Cerakoted Gladiuses.

A gold anodized Al bezel would've looked better, IMO...

--dan

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's a powder coat finish. SureFire spent some time deciding on the shade of yellow. It isn't easy to find a metal finish that matches yellow Nitrolon.

AzGB

Enlightened
:eeew: The yellow seems to be of a darker shade. I prefer my nitrolon :thumbsup:

The difference shown in the picture makes it look quite a bit more than the naked eye did. At that close, it's very easy to be critical. With a normal glance, it's quite a good match.

knightrider

Enlightened
I like it! Thought a black aluminum bezel on a yellow G2L would look weird. Was wondering what they would do... looks cool.

LA OZ

Enlightened
It's a powder coat finish. SureFire spent some time deciding on the shade of yellow. It isn't easy to find a metal finish that matches yellow Nitrolon.

Size15, do you work for Surefire or know someone that does? Just out of interest because you seem to know information that would not be readily available to the public.

jufam44

Enlightened
:broke:It looks pretty neat-I'll have to go buy (another) G2X to add to the rapidly-expanding collection. :broke:

Size15, do you work for Surefire or know someone that does? Just out of interest because you seem to know information that would not be readily available to the public.

Size15's does not work for surefire, but is a friend of Paul Kim. (vp of engineering at surefire).

To the OP, is that your yellow g2l? is so....MORE PICS!!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I love yellow, too.
I gotta have this. SWEET.
Where are those in stock? :D : D

Imagine ... bumblebee versions of the classic series ... :devil:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Size15's does not work for surefire, but is a friend of Paul Kim. (vp of engineering at surefire).
Yes that's right - Whilst I was at SS2008 PK & I were trying to figure out how long we're know each other for - a decade seemed realistic.

I've also become friends with others at SureFire. For example it was great to catch up with SureFire's Engineering Supervisor, Andrew (who gave the new product talk at PK' CPF Party)

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes that's right - Whilst I was at SS2008 PK & I were trying to figure out how long we're know each other for ......

Al, so you did make it to SS. I was under the impression you couldn't make it this year. So you blew work off eh. Good for you.

Bill