Modded Stylus 3 Streamlight penlight

russgvrs

Newly Enlightened
First post. I modded my penlight to accept a Best Hong Kong 100ma white led. The led is a 50 degree 5mm and besides being a wider angle its not near as blue as the oe led. I use this when working under the hood of cars and man it puts out a lot of light. The fit is tight due to the heatsink and I used a 100 ohm 1/4 watt resistor. If your not familiar with these they take 3 AAAA batteries.

BHK 5mm led's

Picture075.jpg

Picture128.jpg

Picture129.jpg

Picture041.jpg

russgvrs

Newly Enlightened
Aren't 3 AAAA cells rather weedy for such a relatively stiff load? You can't be getting much runtime out of that.

don't know yet as I haven't been thru a set yet. They are kinda expensive too. thanks for the replies guys!

russgvrs

Newly Enlightened
Aren't 3 AAAA cells rather weedy for such a relatively stiff load? You can't be getting much runtime out of that.

I don't know as I have not been thru a set yet. 2 months. Those cells are kinda expensive too. Thanks for the replies guys.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:welcome:

Great first post.

If you need more output, there are many other lights that you can look at.

Enjoy your stay!

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
You can get almost-AAAA cells from quality 9V batteries. They'll cost you far less.

Are they safe? If you buy a Numh 9volt can you take it apart and use the AAAAs as rechargeables?
Think of a two AAAA rechargeable light with a rebel LED!!!