KL1 Vs MN02

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i almost convinced myself to get a KL1 for my E2e, but realized why don't i just get the LOLA MN02? why should i get one over the other?

comments/suggestions welcome.

Size15's

Flashaholic
KL1 has a whiter light that is regulated compared to the MN02 which isn't as, and is not. Also, I believe the KL1 regulated output is longer than the MN02 runtime.

Al

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif what about the KL1 + E1e?

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

It's small and cute and you must get one for your collection!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The E1e+KL1 is okay but the L1 is far better.

The E2e+KL1 gives longer runtime so it can standard next to an L1 without shame.

Al

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol, ok dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif i found all the info i need from dan/sf site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both and use my MN02 daily while the KL1 normally sits at home on my 4AA E2 barrel. The MN02 throws MUCH farther and tighter, which may not matter to many people but makes it the winner in my book.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
KL1 has a whiter light that is regulated compared to the MN02 which isn't as, and is not. Also, I believe the KL1 regulated output is longer than the MN02 runtime.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Al,

I tested my E2 with MN02 against my UK 2L, and found that I could count on about 2-2.25hrs from the MN02 and about 3hrs from the 2L, as against 4+ regulated hrs from the E2+KL1.

Brightnorm

Kirk

Enlightened
tkl,
I like the KL1 for its "drop resistance". I assume if you take care of it, you can leave it to your great-grandkids! Also, I like the fact that for about 8 or so hours you'd get some kind of usable light out of it and no plunging into darkness.
Kirk

yclo

Flashaholic*
These might help lighten the picture a bit...

fcae4ae8.jpg

fcae4ae7.jpg

The E1e w/ Lambda CP has a Q ranked led, and was approximately just as bright as a KL1 that I had.

-YC