Having fun with an old toy!

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few of you might know that I'm currently trying to someone smart to take the plunge and produce a bunch of configurable 4x18650 holders for us. Unfortunately no one have taken the initiative (bait) as of yet.

The couple local shops have been getting way too much business and wanted ridiculous setup/fabrication cost.

Well you're truly have no choice but try to make some myself. It's like that saying "if you want to eat you got to enter the kitchen".

Well here's the first step, probably the hardest for me to make the move. It's to machine the retainers.

Here are some videos hope I took hope you guys enjoy them.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=voHrIOin474

img0828op5.jpg

This is where I have tool envy with Data. Those VMC with multiple tool holder sure are nice!

img0833ow6.jpg

Finished 1st rev Prototype. Original stock "recycled" plastics from Sims Recycling ($5).

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome. Now we just need an appropriate host. Any plans to produce a smaller 2x18650 holder which fits into a bi/quad bore MagD? This would likely see immediate sales and use...

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
WoW, what a cool machine. Great video to watch. How long did that take to do that one block including setup time and cleaning up all the mess? :thumbsup:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
It's a good thing we love this hobby....I figured it must have taken a long time to get that final result...and it is cool as hell !!!!!!! I must have said "Holy Crap" at least a dozen times watching that video! LOL!