Gun Mounts and Tape switches

looman

Enlightened
I am looking at tactical type EDC throwers such as the Tiablo A8, MRV, Raidfire Spear and there is another model who's name elludes me at the moment.

I need to mount them onto a rifle - preferably UNDER the stock rather than mounted onto the scope. These will be low recoil rimmies and Airrifles - possibly springers which can be a bit whiplashy on the recoil side.

I would like the unit to be ajustable for elevation to allow for the different ranges these differing bits of equipment shoot at.

I also want an easy off the shelf tape switch solution.

A lot of these companies have paid lip service to the mount and switch options, but they always seem to be in development and coming soon. Soon never seems to come.

What do peeps do with regard to this problem.

I am not a good DIYer so I would prefer the off the shelf solution if humanly possible.

Any pointers would be greatfully received

Thanks

Looman

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
My patrol Shotgun is running the Wolf Eyes Sniper with Q2 module and a coiled tape switch.

In your application you could use a piece of picitinny rails crewed to the bottom of the stock and a scope ring .

Wolf Eyes has two tape switches, one is coiled the other isn't

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
I am looking at tactical type EDC throwers such as the Tiablo A8, MRV, Raidfire Spear and there is another model who's name elludes me at the moment.

I need to mount them onto a rifle - preferably UNDER the stock rather than mounted onto the scope. These will be low recoil rimmies and Airrifles - possibly springers which can be a bit whiplashy on the recoil side.

I would like the unit to be ajustable for elevation to allow for the different ranges these differing bits of equipment shoot at.

I also want an easy off the shelf tape switch solution.

A lot of these companies have paid lip service to the mount and switch options, but they always seem to be in development and coming soon. Soon never seems to come.

What do peeps do with regard to this problem.

I am not a good DIYer so I would prefer the off the shelf solution if humanly possible.

Any pointers would be greatfully received

Thanks

Looman

I've had the exact same questions for a long, long time... and Novatac, Fenix, and other good non-Surefire brands just always seem to be "In the works" with something, but something never comes.

Frustrating...
RC

Hayseed_40

Newly Enlightened
I hate to say it, but SF makes some of the best tape switches at big dollars. However, for my patrol rifle it is worth going to a dedicated light/mount. I use the M600, but also the M95x and M96x are great.

Doesn't sound like you need that kind of level of reliability so the next I woulkd recomend is the Pentagon tape switch. I believe it will screw on t most 6V (P6, Pelican, and Pentagon). They are about $30. The ones I have used in the past end up coming loose at the terminal end but still great for the money. I have used the Pelican switch - garbage. In the switch department - you get what you pay for.

As far as mounts - I only know the pictanny monuts. If you do not have a small rail piece they are cheap and easy to find. It will screw to your stock and you can secure a light, mount a bipod, or hang dingle-balls.

A good light mount is the Vltor series. Again relatively cheap but very secure. In the $20-$30 range and you buy by the diameter of the light body. This is not angle adjustable though.

looman

Enlightened
I hate to say it, but SF makes some of the best tape switches at big dollars. However, for my patrol rifle it is worth going to a dedicated light/mount. I use the M600, but also the M95x and M96x are great.

Doesn't sound like you need that kind of level of reliability so the next I woulkd recomend is the Pentagon tape switch. I believe it will screw on t most 6V (P6, Pelican, and Pentagon). They are about $30. The ones I have used in the past end up coming loose at the terminal end but still great for the money. I have used the Pelican switch - garbage. In the switch department - you get what you pay for.

As far as mounts - I only know the pictanny monuts. If you do not have a small rail piece they are cheap and easy to find. It will screw to your stock and you can secure a light, mount a bipod, or hang dingle-balls.

A good light mount is the Vltor series. Again relatively cheap but very secure. In the $20-$30 range and you buy by the diameter of the light body. This is not angle adjustable though.

do yoiu have a link or a webby for the pentagon tape switch please and your right, i dont need to got too heavy on quality and price. This is pest control not combat reliability requirements

Hayseed_40

Newly Enlightened
do yoiu have a link or a webby for the pentagon tape switch please and your right, i dont need to got too heavy on quality and price. This is pest control not combat reliability requirements

hit up calvin at brightflashlights

lightforce2

Enlightened
Tiablo A9 with quick detach scope mount, scope seems to be the only practical position for the light mount considering the field conditions its used under, under 80m I dont bother puting it on trhe scope, I just hold the light in my hand and rest the rifle's forend across my forearm (asuming target isn't moving etc)
The light & mount is standing up to recoil which is quite sharp (Ruger ultra light 7mm Mag).

The mount base and rail is a lightforce, I fitted a short length of 3/8 dovetail rail into the LF mount then attached a 25mm dovetail mount to the 3/8 rail.

cheers.

Last edited: