Lumen rating for the Brinkmann Maxfire LX?

N467RX

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know the lumen rating for the Maxfire LX using the standard bulb? I'm thinking about getting a Surefire with a similar power (or more powerful if affordable), but I haven't been able to find information on that.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It's about 100 lumen out the front.

You might also want to look at LEDs too, the good ones go over 150 lumen out the front and have a longer runtime then the incans(not to mention no replacement bulbs to buy and the option for muntimode). Of course, Incans seem to have better color rendering.

:welcome:

EssLight

Newly Enlightened

generic808

Enlightened
I have both the Maxfire and SF G2 and can tell you from experience that they are pretty similar. The two are very similar in size and output using the incans. The MF was my EDC until I bought the G2, but now I carry my 6P everywhere. If you want a replacement for your MF, get the G2 and pop a drop-in in that badboy instead of buying the G2L.

N467RX

Newly Enlightened
How do the Maxfire and the 6P compare? Since I'm still deciding between the 6P or the higher output 9P, but I need one that has more or less the same output of the MF.

generic808

Enlightened
How do the Maxfire and the 6P compare? Since I'm still deciding between the 6P or the higher output 9P, but I need one that has more or less the same output of the MF.

Well, the 6P and Maxfire are very close in size; the MF is about 1/4" longer and the bezel is slightly larger, but the two are very close. Now as far as quality goes, I would say the SF is in a different class, thus the price point difference. The build quality is much better than that of the MF. The G2 would be a better comparison because quite frankly, the 6P is notches above the MF.

As far as output is concerned, the SF's and Brinkmann are very close. But, I can pretty much guarantee that you'll eventually end up getting an LED drop-in. \Look into picking one_of_these up. It's the best bang-for-the-buck drop-in you can get in my opinion.

My suggestion for your dilmma is to get the G2 and an LED drop-in. You'll have an almost indestructible body and a super-bright light for $50 +/- a few.

Last edited:

EssLight

Newly Enlightened

The 6P and the G2 use the same P60 lamp assembly, so their output is the same. Surefire sells the optional P61 lamp assembly, much brighter with significantly reduced runtime.

Lumens Factory makes 4 different bulbs that fit in a G2 or 6P, you can choose your brightness/runtime tradeoff.
http://www.lumensfactory.com/d26_series_specification.htm
There is a similar range of bulbs that fit in the 9P. Keep in mind Lumens Factory rates bulbs in "bulb lumens", Surfire ratings are in "torch lumens".
www.lighthound.com is one US distributor for LF bulbs.

And there is also a wide range of LED drop ins to consider.

Much information is contained throughout CPF on the various forums, keep reading.

Last edited:

N467RX

Newly Enlightened
Well, thanks everyone for their responses.

After comparing prices and checking sizes, I might get a G2 or G3, since I plan to use it instead of a regular 2AA when going outdoors, both of them seem to have a good size. I'm liking the out of the box 105 lumens on the G3, gives me 40 extra lumens for just $20.