non-metal bodied keychain light?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for something to tie together with my swiss army knife, metal body is out because it'll scratch the hell out of the knife's scale. Are there anything out there that has a decent efficiency and use common battery (AA/AAA/123A)? No need to be bright, something like arc aaa, or fenix e0 is fine.

Sir Lightalot

Enlightened
I'm looking for something to tie together with my swiss army knife, metal body is out because it'll scratch the hell out of the knife's scale. Are there anything out there that has a decent efficiency and use common battery (AA/AAA/123A)? No need to be bright, something like arc aaa, or fenix e0 is fine.
you could try wrapping it in shrink tubing to prevent it from scratching on a current light...

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesnt use a common battery but the best keychain light I have used is the Photon Microlight II which I have used now for 10 plus years. And have bought for every member of my family. It works, plain and simple.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll second the Photon Microlight II suggestion. I typically trade off having the Photon and an ARC AAA on my keychain depending on what my tolerance is for bulk on my keychain. I have several, and it is a lot of light for the size.

bp044

Enlightened
It doesnt use a common battery but the best keychain light I have used is the Photon Microlight II which I have used now for 10 plus years. And have bought for every member of my family. It works, plain and simple.
Is the Microlight II preferable to the Proton Rex ?

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me the Microlight is the all time winner keychain light. Its tiny size allows for comfortable carry, I even carry two a white and a red. It is short, so it does not swing and bang the steering column which every other keychain light for AA or AAA batteries I have used does do.

It is plenty bright enough for its given tasks.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photon Freedom or Photon Micro II in amber color.

Actually I often carry a Fenix L0P w/a photon II in amber

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im sure if you got a maglite solitaire,nothing would NOT scratch IT....thus it shouldnt scratch anything...:whistle:

Seriously, only option would probably be shrink tubing or something...

Crenshaw

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a Jetbeam C-LE tied to my Swiss Army Knife and carried in my front pocket every day for over a year, and I don't see any damage whatsoever to either one.

Whatever you end up with, I found that having a quick release clip as the connector makes it wonderfully helpful when wanting to light up what you are using the knife for. It's a great combination to have, and I use it more often than I would have thought.