Black Dereelight CL1H: any ETA?

TOTC

Newly Enlightened
Since the Dereelight DBS V2 is available in black, does anyone know when the CL1H will be available in black also?

I have an original CL1H with the 'natural' (almost OD) HA, which I really like. I've wanted to grab up another CL1H but I really don't like the current silver color they come in.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked Alan, but it doesn't seem to be in the works yet. He may have too many CL1H V3's to sell first. :) So everyone buy CL1H v3's so he has to make a new run, of black CL1H v4's, the same size as the CL1H v1, with all the improvements of V3, and no twist. :) I love the CL1H V3, but it could be smaller.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
It could be smaller, but the heft is pretty reassuring. And the performance is pretty darn impressive. I was outside in the drizzle tonight flashing it around and I could light up the berm and basketball hoop at the end of my street, about 150' down. For a light that's essentially an L4 on steroids in terms of form factor, that's darned impressive. No turbo head needed.

I would like a straight-sided bezel 1.25" in diameter so we could use the SF filter accessories. Just too many ridges, crenelations, knurls on a visually busy body. The whole bezel doesn't have to be 1.25" he could taper down after the first 3/4".

Wilkey

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bothered Alan about a black CL1H in the past as well. All we can do is wait I guess. Maybe we'll see a black Dereelight introduced with quad die emitter dropins this summer! :naughty:

marc123

Newly Enlightened
I guess he might be waiting for more R2's so he can release a black CL1H with R2 ......... :paypal:

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was about to post asking about the CL1H v4, but this thread answers that, and WadeF says exactly what I'm looking for. Do the same thing they did to the DBS (no M option, 7mm shorter, and black HA) and the CL1H easily takes over its market IMO.