Another Surgery

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Everybody,

Thanks again for your prayers and thoughts back when I had my foot injury.

I have been having chronic hand problems for several years. They ultimately caused me to drop the knife on August 6, 2007 which led to my tendon reattachment surgery. My number one Thankful last thanksgiving was that the week prior I was able to start walking in shoes again.

I had my hands checked and will not bore you with the details other then to say my first surgery is tomorrow.
This one will be to remove an internal bone tumor from the middle bone of my left thumb. I am a lefty :D :hairpull: .
It is called an enchondroma and is more then likely not cancerous (Onlyaround 1% of enchondroma's are cancerous.), but does cause enough problems to need to have it removed.

The reason I am writing this is-
1. To ask for prayers & thoughts again regarding a good surgery and quick recovery.
2. To ask for those of you who frequent the HID forum to let people who have questions regarding N30's, AI's, Mega Illuminators, etc. that I normally answer, to please be patient with me.

I still get numerous questions each week in PM's or answer in the HID forum.
I do all of the question answering on a volunteer basis.
I started doing this because I knew more about the products then Wayne.
Now that Amondotech is owned by Matt I have been continuing to help him since he inherited these products. He really is a great guy to work with, both behind the scenes and as a customer. Typing will be rather slow when my left hand is in a cast (around 6 weeks).

Anybody that has questions can feel free to continue to ask them.
I just will not be answering very fast and probably not at all for the next few days.

Thanks for your help, at this time.

Take Care & God Bless,
mtbkndad :wave:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck with that surgery. The HID forum will miss your left hand for the next few weeks; but hey, now's a great opportunity to learn to type one handed on your non dominant hand! ;)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I also learned how to type one-handed after I had that brain operation in late-2002.
Sure, you'll type slower than before, but your accuracy will be decent at worst.

Best of luck with that operation!!! :wave: :) :wave:

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Everybody,

The surgery, did go well.
You all are right about one finger typing. This will be a bit of a challenge.
The cast for "six" weeks has been downgraded to a big bandage/splint for 10 days and a special splint for several weeks,

Take Care,
mtbkndad :wave:

BVH

Flashaholic
Hi Mtbkndad. Very happy all went well and for the shorter "down time". One of these days, between your foot, my knee, your hand and my other knee, we'll be able to walk up the hill for more more beamshot comparisons!