Light for an RCMP buddy

dano101

Enlightened
One of my RCMP friends is looking for me to get him a light that will 'retire' his normal duty lights (Streamlight Ultrastinger and Surefire 8NX), and will be a staple on his duty belt for many years to come...

The only stipulations he carries is that the light has the capability to be rechargeable (either in light battery charging or external-to-light battery charging), the light must be able to fit some sort of normal holster (so no M3T with modified leef 3X18650 bodies etc), and that the light be insanely bright with good throw.

He set no budget, so whatever is needed is most likely achieveable. And i know he has traditionally carried incans, but LED is what ive bought all the members here so far, so hes going to follow suit... plus the fact of extended runtimes, recoil/impact tolerance, 50k hrs, etc.

What do you suggest?

Dano

allthumbs

Newly Enlightened
I`m going to take the easy way out with this question, and get your friend the best light for his job . Look for posts by Pete Broccolo he`s the resident CPF RCMP. Since he`s on the job he knows what the requirements are and what works. He`s helped alot of Canadian LEOS out, and Pete loves a good light.:thumbsup:
allthumbs

tilt

Newly Enlightened
I too am in this situation, at my first posting with nothing more than the Mag light they issued me. I was looking at the Raid Fire spear, but im not sure if Throw is what is needed. Anywho, I'll look into the posts pete has made.

Last edited:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out this review: LAPD Pelican 7060 LED Review

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/188113

I would also recommend the 7060. Great throw, bright spill, rechargeable, no dealing with bare lithium cells, won't freeze your hands when you use it.

Pelican's customer service is great, too. I once sent in a 10 year old light that cracked and they returned a brand new, in box, newer model of the light.