Notification Of Post #666

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually go with:

Post #666 :devil:

But I blew by #666 w/o even noticing :mecry: ...

Does anyone else here celebrate certain post count numbers? 666, 777, 888, 820 and 925 have special meaning to me :cool:

Last edited:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
We discourage (actually yes, we lock them up!)...getting all excited about post counts. Yes a few have to ruin it for everyone. In the past, there have been some that posted continuously/frivolously merely to pump their post counts to certain numbers.

Pumping up the numbers results in too much "fluff posting".

I'll leave this one open in case there's any productive thoughts on the subject, however...it could be closed at any second, eh?

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hmm, averaging 9.54 posts per day, I just hope you don't post because of your postcount, although this thread isn't exactly evidence of that... :thinking:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a simple "1000 or whatever #" at the bottom of a post is sufficiant.

In the past, if I notice that I am about to post and it will be a significant number, I will first type in my response to the thread and at the bottom, leave it simple.:whistle:

1141...:party:

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's funny to see the celebrations as the posters number changes. Like #666 is now #691 :lolsign:

No celebrating needed unless we are talking free raffle tix...

mmmmmmmm.... free raffle tix!!!! :)

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Numbers, being arbitrary representations of dot positions on the integer "line", have zero intrinsic or symbolic value. If we were aliens (or just malformed at birth) with 8 fingers, then the :devil: number would be 1232, or if it were 666 for the octal fingered, it would be 438 for us.

In Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the answer to the greatest question in the universe was (sorry for errors, I'm too lazy to look it up) "42". A bigger computer was asked to formulate the associated question which was something like "what's 9 times 6". I think it was meant to represent the absurdity of the universe.

Someone later figured out that 6 x 9 does = 42 in base 13 and speculated that was the secret. Douglas Adams said that he had no such idea when he wrote it...it was meant to represent the absurdity of the universe.

Now, if I could ever get a post number equal to pi....:naughty:

IowaWalker

Newly Enlightened
Pablo, you know this site well... you made me laugh. As all can see from my post count I do a lot more reading than posting. I am here daily.. I always get a smile when I am here.

Pablo, I want some Dulce de Leche, and the recipe for Empanadas...

sawlight

Enlightened
Hmm, averaging 9.54 posts per day, I just hope you don't post because of your postcount, although this thread isn't exactly evidence of that... :thinking:

I'm a "Post whore"! (Just look at my post count:crackup:)
Yes, I do live online, no chance of STD's, just viruses:twothumbs
On a few forums I frequent, they actually skip numbers like 13, and such, but definitely 666.
I guess it makes them sleep better at night?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
On June 6, 2006, I used the asterisk (*) on dates on my What's New web page, because when the date was expressed in numerical format, you could easily have three consecutive sixes.
I'm not a very religious person, but that particular combination of numerals was rather disturbing even to me. :eek:

Burgess

Flashaholic
In all fairness, i wouldn't blame CPF if they wanna'
deduct my "NeverEndingStory" postings from the totals. :)

Also my "Eating Popcorn" smilies, simply used to "mark" interesting threads.

But i do try to contribute meaningful info when i am able.

:candle:
_

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
On June 6, 2006, I used the asterisk (*) on dates on my What's New web page, because when the date was expressed in numerical format, you could easily have three consecutive sixes.
I'm not a very religious person, but that particular combination of numerals was rather disturbing even to me. :eek:
My cell phone number starts with such a combination. It's rasised a few eyebrows. :whistle:

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should keep my foot out of this thread but, I doubt I will be hitting my SN in post counts anytime soon, other than that I don't care too much I am a fan of palindromes (spelling).

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im guilty of posting alot, maybe too much....just look at my join date and post count...:faint:

But this place is tooo fun to not post.....and where else am i gonna tell someone about my new light with its massive 10% brightness increase without boring thier head off....where else am i gonna celebrate fast shipping?

08/08/08 is gonna be a lucky and unlucky date for the chinese...
we believe that 8 is a lucky number, but 8/8/8 falls within the chinese "hungy ghost" month, the month where according to belief/tradition/superstition, the gates of hell are opened so that the ghosts can have a holiday so to speak. Its all very complicated, suffice to say that although im not much one to subscribe to things like that, i WILL be keeping more lights on me during that time...

and would you look at that, post #889, just over..hmmm...

Crenshaw

Last edited:

sawlight

Enlightened
I should keep my foot out of this thread but, I doubt I will be hitting my SN in post counts anytime soon, other than that I don't care too much I am a fan of palindromes (spelling).

racecar, Bob, mom, dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.