I took the plunge and am getting a M6!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Totally impulsive buy. I have a cobbled together M4 analogue that I rarely use. Too bright for most purposes. But the price was right. I already have a diffuser cover, MN15 LAs, a SC2, and plenty of batteries on the way. The light will come with an MN21 only. So it will be my WTF was that light. I have the accessories already set aside for the flagship of my collection.

Today is a postal holiday! And I will be working out of town this week! The wait is killing me! I bought it sight unseen. This adds to the intrigue.

It never really ends...

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
OOOHHHHH YEAH!!!

You'll be happy ya did!

I don't use my as much as the other lights, but when I need it.....WOW!! am I happy I have one!!!

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats, I've had three M6's in the last 4-5 years or so, sold the last one a couple of years ago, still have an M4. Its about time to buy another one.......

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you'll be glad you did. It's one of those lights that's a little hard to really imagine before you actually handle it and use it in the dark...then you realize how useful it can be, and that it is somewhat unique.

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
I've been thinking about getting one for a while now. I work at an unnamed retailer and I get 30% off and I can get the M6 for a bit under 230. I hope you have fun with yours. I fool around with the display model just about every week.

MrMortgage

Newly Enlightened
What timing, I just won an M6 on ebay. I can't wait for it to come, Yesterday was President's day. I can't wait for the light to come.:twothumbs

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, yep, yep yep...

I gave away my M6 about six months ago (to a friend). Coincidentally, I just bought a new one online last Sunday night. With the postal holiday, it will probably not arrive until next week. It's a great light; compact (compared to a Maglite) with high output and better runtime than the M4.

Of course, I had to sell a few of my Surefires to be able to afford the M6 hahaha...

ugrey

Enlightened
The M6 made all the rest of my lights seem dim. They are amazing lights. It is one of the things I always travel with and always know exactly where it is when at home. Its better than a security blanket. It makes a neat toy at times also. :)

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK all I can say is WOW!!!

It is a really large light. The MN21 lamp is stunning. The MN15 lamp is an instant favorite. Pure incan bliss for 2+ hours is incredible. I can't wait to get this sucker out in big open spaces.

The MN15 LA will be my base configuration for now. Plenty of power for an urban environment.

Now if I can only find a few MN20s on BST...

knightrider

Enlightened
Congrats! I still haven't tried the MN15. I always rock the MN20, it's a great middle ground.

I want a 3x17650 holder to run the Lumen's Factory M6 lamp - that would be sweet!

Love my M6 so much. It is the light I also take on trips along with a smaller light. It's very compact and durable. Also a great bump in the night light.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got mine about a week ago. Easily my overall favorite light now.

I finished my Mag85 and Mag61 about the same time, so the M6 is not my most powerful light. But there's just something about that awesome M6 beam, and large bright hotspot that still makes it my favorite. Also, nothing beats the build quality and awesome feel of the M6. It seems like an indestructible light.

I'm really interested in trying the MN15 lamp in it though. I would like to get more than 20 minutes runtime that I get in the MN21.

But, the best option is what nightrider said - 3x17650 config! Where can I get a 3x17650 holder?? As a compromise, I'm seriously considering going with 6xAW RCR123 and the LF HO-M6R. I've heard this config isn't as bright as the MN21, but at least I can use rechargeables and get another 10 minutes runtime.

IcantC

Enlightened
Congrats! I have been eyeing one for a while... I think cheapest I saw was about low $300's shipped... Is that a good price?

Also how much brighter is it than a ROP or 5761?

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine for $270 on BST from ADDICTED2LITE. I received it within 2 days of payment. I've seen them as low as $265.

Can't comment on the other lights.

DM51

Flashaholic
I got mine for $270 on BST from ADDICTED2LITE. I received it within 2 days of payment. I've seen them as low as $265.
I was watching that one, and it was a very good price - congratulations.

One unexpected thing you will appreciate about it was that it was not advertised as mint, so you won't worry about it getting new marks - you'll use it!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You got that right!

All the sharp edges have some wear and tear. I just bought a MN20 from cfromc.

Now I got all three lamp options!

Latest posts