Deree or Tiablo

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very torn between the two lights.
I would order it with both reflectors.

It's going to be used like this and replace the Wolf Eyes currently mounted

Pro's and Con's of each light from experienced users appreciated.

BTW the Tiablo would cost me around $12.00 more with both reflectors and optional forward single stage click switch

STAGwithWolfEyesQ5.jpg

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
No more choices :sick2:
I pretty much am getting a headache from all the research :thinking:

From what I'm reading the Lumapower has only a reverse click switch ( a big no-go)

Thought I narrowed it down.

Last edited:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
No more choices :sick2:
I pretty much am getting a headache from all the research :thinking:

From what I'm reading the Lumapower has only a reverse click switch ( a big no-go)

Thought I narrowed it down.

I am holding mine as we speak with a forward clicky in it :p

Sorry to add options but they have been such a great manufacturer with quality tools. It is hard to ignore.

cal..45

Enlightened
@ madecov,

I can't tell you about the Tiablo nor MRV, but I got the Dereelight DBS V2 since two days and all I can say is: WOW this thing isn't a flashlight but a lightsaber and should be considered as a weapon itself....:grin2:

seriously, I'm very impressed with that light. I ordered it with both reflectors and while the OP offers a very nice, well defined beam, the SMO will stay on this light most of the time (the OP will come in handy for larger night tours with the bike as high-beam light).

if you want to use the lamp as a weapon light, the OP might be your first choice, but I bought the DBS as my primary throw light and that is what it does: to throw.

the cons: for tactical use within buildings (at relative close range) this light might not be the first choice, maybe not even the second. if you want flood, every LxD or PxD fenix lamp (or other brands) is way more useful in my opinion.

regards, holger

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both and although I like my DBS more, I would put the Tiablo on my AR. The Tiablo is much lighter, and the A9 version runs great on primaries. Output is very close between the two, so the weight advantage gives the Tiablo the victory(plus it's more "tactical" looking than the DBS ;) )

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Torn between two lights? Then the answer is abundantly clear. Both of them, of course :thumbsup:

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Torn between two lights? Then the answer is abundantly clear. Both of them, of course :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, both isn't in the cards right now. I also ("NEED" :crackup:) a Deree CL1H :laughing:.

The one thing I like about the Deree is the upgrade options with new pills. The way the reflectors swap out. The Tiablo looks like a bit of a pain.

But if there is a significant weight savings with Tiablo I may have to seriously consider the A9

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The DBS is about 50 grams more then the A9. The DBS also has a higher lux then the A9(slightly more throw).

Fird

Enlightened
My highest recommendation to Dereelight, both for quality and customer service!

Unfortunately I don't have experience with the Tiablo products.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's clear to me,buy the DBS over a tiablo...more throw easier to upgrade emitters, which pretty soon will leave the tiablo wanting.:devil:

But above all the first class CS from dereelight is hard to ignore :D

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm telling you, I have both and love my DBS, but get the Tiablo for mounting on your weapon. Yes you can upgrade the DBS easy, but are you going to have to light up potential targets at more than 200m away often? I don't think you will ever need more light on your weapon than what the Tiablo will give you.

By the way, this is coming from someone that prefers the DBS more over the Tiablo. It's the weapon mounting factor that leads to the Tiablo decision. Trust me on this :)

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I'm telling you, I have both and love my DBS, but get the Tiablo for mounting on your weapon. Yes you can upgrade the DBS easy, but are you going to have to light up potential targets at more than 200m away often? I don't think you will ever need more light on your weapon than what the Tiablo will give you.

By the way, this is coming from someone that prefers the DBS more over the Tiablo. It's the weapon mounting factor that leads to the Tiablo decision. Trust me on this :)
He's right.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
The newest DBS kills the A9S in throw, and still beats it in overall brightness. However, the spot may be too focused - the CL1H w/ smooth will give about the performance of the DBS w/ OP in a much smaller package, although it will be a bit ringier.

In general, I've heard amazing things about Dereelight. Best quality build, fit + finish, output, regulation... I think the only thing they can improve right now is to come out with a CL1H that's a centimeter or so shorter.

I have a Tiablo A9, and I wouldn't recommend it to mount on a gun. Not that I have any experience with gun mounting flashlights, but the Tiablo doesn't seem sturdy enough. There's a bit of rattling when I shake it, and the parts don't fit quite right. Namely, the emitter is slightly off-center (I asked for a replacement module but it was off-center too, although better), and the O-rings tend to get cut up by the threads. However, it is lighter and stronger-bodied than the DBS because it uses T7075 aluminum, but I don't think you'll ever need any more strength than the DBS has.

Like I said before, I don't have any experience mounting flashlights on guns. So while I know the Dereelight wins in brightness and I know Dereelight's UI would be perfect for the job, the body shape may not be ideal - go with LifeNRA and Strauss' advice on that one.

The MRV is far dimmer than either. Only look into it if you don't think you'll need as much light.

litework

Newly Enlightened
Don't forget that the newest DBS, the V2, is 15 grams lighter than the older DBS. The lighter DBS is still 35 grams heavier than the Tiablo.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the down sides to the Tiablo is the silly GOID front ring. If I need to go dark, then I'll still have a glowing ring to contend with.

I've asked about throw on the CL1H because it is an option if it can reach out to the 100 meter area and provide target recognition.

Weight is always an issue, but I'm not a SWAT guy, the rifle be in the patrol car 98% of the time and only come out to play a few times per year

I'll probably end up making a list of pro's and con's and see who wins.

marc123

Newly Enlightened
well since you ask,the CL1H is 174grms w/b and is no slouch when it come to throw and has a nice big hotspot at 400ft,has to be in the running IMO :twothumbs

I have to say the Cl1h is all you need for police/patrol contact where you would need your rifle. The DBS would be better suited to 100 m plus range because anything under that you would need more flood. IMHO

mikes1

Enlightened
One thing that I belive is worth mentioning, I have both and no doubt the DBS throws farther as far as quality they are close I would put the Tiablo slightly ahead however the switch used by Deree IMHO can be a little hit and miss, the single stage forward tactlcle Tiablo unit is a fair bit better. I think for the use we are talking about reliability is a must. Until Deree upgrades there switch go with the Tiablo.

By the way the GITD O ring is easely replaceable

Mike

Last edited: