Lumens factory in E2E

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I am interested about buying a Lumen Factory lamp(150 lumens) to put in my E2E.

Is it really 150 lumens? Do you have any experience with this set up?

Thanks

Sylvain

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the fivemega TL-3 socket kit to run my new E2D on RCR123A, maybe this is an option that could interest you too? I'm also looking for the LF 150 lumens bulb, maybe for backup purpose. LF bulbs are quoted as bulb lumens. It was calculated that you need to multiply by 0.65 to get real output lumens after reflector/lens losses. So, 150*0.65 = 97.5 lumens, not bad!

Last edited:

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
Thanks,

Now, i have to find one...i was about to put an order on lighthound, but the lamp is not in stock...

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great lamps, you can't go wrong. Yes they are 150 bulb lumens, keep that in mind when comparing to other lights.

jufam44

Enlightened
It's a great little bulb, puts out about 100 lumens out the front. And they last long! Woo Hoo!

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I am interested about buying a Lumen Factory lamp(150 lumens) to put in my E2E.

Is it really 150 lumens? Do you have any experience with this set up?

Thanks

Sylvain
The EO-E2R is simply gorgeous! The HO-E2R is also outstanding. You'll love the superior whiteness over the stock lamp.

LF uses bulb lumens, so the EO version is actually closer to 100 lumens out the front (torch lumens). It is way brighter than the MN03, you will notice right away, I did...

You can order directly from here: www.lumensfactory.com Very cheap shipping!
:party:

Nathan

Enlightened
The EO-E2R is IMO the best non-LED upgrade to the E2E/E2D. Beam output and quality are excellent, and the lamp will pay for itself after a few RCR123 recharging cycles. It will run on primaries, but output isn't nearly as nice IIRC.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EO-E2R is IMO the best non-LED upgrade to the E2E/E2D. Beam output and quality are excellent, and the lamp will pay for itself after a few RCR123 recharging cycles. It will run on primaries, but output isn't nearly as nice IIRC.

Will the 7.2v EO 150 lumen bulb on primarys be brighter than the 6V HO 100 lumen bulb on primarys?

I'm trying to decide which one to buy for Primary battery use.

Thanks

Bill

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go for the HO-E2A. The 7.2v lamp is designed for rechargeable use only. If you run primaries on it, it will look weak and yellow. You can run some LumensFactory lamps on either primaries or rechargeables, but some are designed specifically for rechargeables and have the letter r in their name. Ex: HO-E2R.

Nathan

Enlightened
Will the 7.2v EO 150 lumen bulb on primarys be brighter than the 6V HO 100 lumen bulb on primarys?

I'm trying to decide which one to buy for Primary battery use.

Thanks

Bill

I don't have any experience with the 6V HO lamp, so I can't compare. For the 150-lumen EO-E2R on primaries, output seemed about the same or less than a standard MN03. The 3.6 and 7.2V lamps really are designed for rechargeables.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

Nathan

Enlightened
Pics taken at a 60* angle towards the ceiling, about 6 feet away. Primaries are nearly new, and rechargeables are hot off the charger.

SF MN03 (2xCR123):
IMG_7023.jpg

LF EO-E2R (2xRCR123):
IMG_7022.jpg

It's not noticeable in the pic, but the hot spot from the LF lamp is more oval than that of the MN03. It's a small trade-off.

Last edited:

Nathan

Enlightened
<*sigh*>

I just noticed the exposure times are different. I must have had my point and shoot set to auto/no flash. Will take some new pics tonight.