Buckels and swivel housing question

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know I can buy industrial velcro, hotglue, elastic, at Walmart. But no luck finding buckels for this elastic at walmart or Pat Catans. (Trying to make headband, but really dont like the velcro solution to adjusting straps since it takes out too much of the elastic stretch part of band.)

One other question, is has anyone know a way to make own housing for an adjustable head lamp (up down) without robbing another light?

Third Question: I am having some minor issue with windows of some of my lamps getting scratched and paint on them. Some of the good throwers allow me to put some clear quality 3m plastic packing tape over with little noticeable drop in brightness, while the newer smaller windows drop dramatically in brightness with the 3m tape. So, what is best lens protector that lets out most light?

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not use a velcro closure?

You could build yourself a vacuum forming rig and make parts. It's not as difficult as you think.

mahoney

Enlightened
REI and other camping supply stores frequently have an assortment of plastic buckles available as replacements for broken buckles on gear.

Lense protecter is a bit trickier, anything will block some light. Some CPF folks used to use WriteRight, (sp?) a protective film for PDA's. It's a bit pricey so I never tried it.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not use a velcro closure?

You could build yourself a vacuum forming rig and make parts. It's not as difficult as you think.

Velcro is a bit bulky, and takes up too much of the elastic. I am thinking I might be able to build my own buckel out of two twist ties. I will checkout ****s and a few more craft stores first.

What url example for this vacuum forming rig? For a swivel headlamp house?