P3D Q5 Battery drained so fast

joe2004

Newly Enlightened
I have a quick question I have the P3D Q5 and im kind disappointed how fast the battery went dead on me. I was looking at the battery life with different outputs and I can't figure out why it didn't last that much.

So I bought the new energizer CR123A Im mean I used the flash light on and off a lot but if im not mistaking I never had the light on Max output for more then 10 Min that's for sure but I did use it in low mode and some high mode but if I count the times I turned it on and the total time it was on I would say less then 1 hour FOR SURE so does this mean that when they say 1.8 Hrs on Turbo mode its not really 1.8 its a lot less ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Khaytsus

Enlightened
I have a quick question I have the P3D Q5 and im kind disappointed how fast the battery went dead on me. I was looking at the battery life with different outputs and I can't figure out why it didn't last that much.

So I bought the new energizer CR123A Im mean I used the flash light on and off a lot but if im not mistaking I never had the light on Max output for more then 10 Min that's for sure but I did use it in low mode and some high mode but if I count the times I turned it on and the total time it was on I would say less then 1 hour FOR SURE so does this mean that when they say 1.8 Hrs on Turbo mode its not really 1.8 its a lot less ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=165971

Look at the blue graphs, they're a different type of cell, the the Energizer (E2?) are a very good 123 and it will be equivilent.

If you are in fact getting the results you say, there's only three real possibilities. You used it more than you think (intentionally or not), the batteries were defective, or the light is defective.

Some that occurs to me; you did replace both batteries, right?

andylondon

Newly Enlightened
There is also another possibility, if you are using your P3D in cold weather, the runtimes will be reduced.