Novatac question

Turt

Enlightened
Can anyone tell me how the novatacs are in size comparison to an arc LS or arc 4? Some of the pics I've seen of it make it look bigger... thanks!

copperfox

Enlightened
from Novatac's website: 1" (25mm) diameter, 3.3" (80mm) long

Here's some info I dug up from old posts:

ARC LS OD: 0.995" [gransee]
ARC4 OD: 1.0" [gransee]

So they are all pretty much the same diameter. Hope this helps

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very close to same size - just a flare out on the tail section as opposed to the smaller Arc 4+ tail. I have one of each and for carry purposes they are essentailly the same size.

mraymer

Newly Enlightened
Left to right; ARC LSHP / ARC 4+ / HDS B42XRGT / Novatac 120P

arc_ls_4_hds_novatac.png

The Novatac is just slightly longer than the HDS due to the bezel. All of them have the same outside diameter with the exception of the ARC LS, which is slightly smaller as noted by copperfox previously. Hope this helps and excuse my poor picture taking abilities - this is why I'm not a professional photographer.

Flashlike

Enlightened
Left to right; ARC LSHP / ARC 4+ / HDS B42XRGT / Novatac 120P

...and excuse my poor picture taking abilities - this is why I'm not a professional photographer.

That was no display of "poor picture taking ability" IMHO! Nice shot and even nicer flashlight line-up there!!
Thanks for posting the photo.

mraymer

Newly Enlightened
Is that the black Novatac, haven't seen a picture of one yet.

Yes, it's the new black Novatac, just received it this afternoon. I resisted buying one after hearing about the flickering issues, but couldn't resist when I saw the black one. Mine does not have the flicker issue. Either they figured out what was causing it and fixed it in the new batches or I just got lucky.

arty

Enlightened
My Novatac 85P runs properly most of the time. Yesterday it started to flicker at all settings. I had the primary set for a very low setting - 1 or 2 lux. I reset this to a higher setting - 6lux- and the flicker was gone everywhere.
I have no idea why the demon appears periodically.
Most of the time the light is great.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is your battery almost dead? I had that happen to one of mine and the battery was running on fumes.

Last edited: