DX version of the dereelight DI drop-in?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

There could be some concerns about the stated voltage input,
but Kyle is smart enough to have this drop-in be used with a fully charged 18650.

If you look at this right to left, (runtime graph in reverse)
I think its giving voltage at full charge and ma reading, if so, could be interesting.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the reply Kyle posted in the Discussions section.

"Kyle @DX Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:43 AM Reply

It's not a misprint. The designed input voltage range is 3.0V~3.7V. In our tests 3.7V~4.2V also works (using a bench power supply) but there is no guarantee on reliability. Within the coming weeks there will be a new version of this with Q5 3-15V input.

Posts (2155) | Reviews (0) | Tip Post"

1pt21

Enlightened
This is the reply Kyle posted in the Discussions section.

"Kyle @DX Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:43 AM Reply

It's not a misprint. The designed input voltage range is 3.0V~3.7V. In our tests 3.7V~4.2V also works (using a bench power supply) but there is no guarantee on reliability. Within the coming weeks there will be a new version of this with Q5 3-15V input.

Posts (2155) | Reviews (0) | Tip Post"

This is great news!!! I have been waiting for DX to come out with the Q5 drop-ins for quite a while now, and stopped checking after a while. I will certainly be paitently awaiting the release of the Q5 3-15V modules.

Also see sku. 11075 for the P4 version with a much more usable voltage range.

Thanks for the great info everyone!!!

--Paul

layzieyez

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty interested in the modes. Seems like a pretty good interface (on paper at least). I'll see how it goes when I get mine.

mandd

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know other models of DX type lights that this will fit--Romisen RC-E4/R4/M4, for example?

Thanks,
mandd

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
FINALLY DX gets Q5 P60 dropins...but I am not a fan of the WC tint as I think it's a tad too blue/purple to my liking. I wish they would get more CreeXRE Q5 WGs in their products.

Bigsy

Enlightened
Anyone's shipped yet?

Ordered as soon as it showed on DX site and its still pending.

fxstsb

Newly Enlightened
I ordered some that work at the higher voltage. To me unless you can use the 18650s a 3.7v lamp is undesireable. I expect shipment the end of next week.
Maybe I should have said that what I ordered was a p4.

Last edited:

1pt21

Enlightened
I ordered some that work at the higher voltage. To me unless you can use the 18650s a 3.7v lamp is undesireable. I expect shipment the end of next week.

Does DX have the higher voltage Q5's in? Link? Or did you go with one of the new P4's?

Sorry for all the questions, I've been waiting for DX to come out with these Q5's forever! That 3.7v is useless to me though. Thanks!

1pt21

Enlightened
Sorry double post.. CPF went buggy right as I hit submit reply.

Last edited:

roymail

Enlightened
I'm a patient man... so I'll wait for the new Q5 wide voltage input module. The current offering is limited to 3.7v (3.7-4.2v) which means I couldn't use primaries. Honestly, I'm also very impressed with the Dereelight drop in modules currently available... and very reasonable priced. Also, I've had good luck with the #6090 so far. I'll just wait and see. :duh2:

jinx626

Enlightened
Please help me out in trying to understand this...

So this module only accepts 3-4.2V (fully recharge RCR123/18650...). So this sounds pretty good for those that only use 18650 (like me) because it produce higher ma on 3.7v instead of needing 6-9V to produce the same among on other modules? Am I wrong?..

Last edited:

Sir Lightalot

Enlightened
the thing is, the current Q5 version pushes twice the ma to the led then the p4 version at 4.2v (according to the graphs) so i hope they keep the current version and sell the new one separate.

ginaz

Enlightened
the "current" version? i couldn't "resist". i get a charge out of all this! ok, ok...