Eternalight Rave'n battery consumption Q

Canuke

Enlightened
Eternalight Rave\'n battery consumption Q

Greets, all...

I've got an Eternalight Rave'n 2, which I received last September. Around the same time, I also picked up two Inova X5 originals, one blue one white.

While both Inovas seem as bright as ever, the Eternalight is now unable to drive the green and blue LED's anywhere near the brightness of the red and amber ones, and even when running the green or blue LED on its own (Stoplight mode) it isn't nearly the brightness it was. The resulting colorshift surprised me at a star party I was at a few weeks ago, but I thought maybe it was the cold temps? Nope, it's the batteries.

It doesn't help that I have no precise idea how much I've been using the Eternalight relative to the Inovas, though I do think "twice as much" might be a good guess. I tended to use the Eternalight because I expected a lot of additional run time versus the Inovas. I usually ran it stepped down, rarely at full brightness, or using just one of the LED's for color.

These are the batteries that shipped inside the unit. I thought I'd ask here before putting in some new ones. The red and yellow lights are still quite bright; I get the impression that I'm losing voltage, but there's still plenty of current left. Along those lines, does the Eternalight benefit from lithiums, or should I go to alkalines? The graphs on the manufacturer's Web site suggest yes, and that's what they chose to ship it with (bought from The LED Light, not direct).

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened
Re: Eternalight Rave\'n battery consumption Q

Yes, Brighter RED & Yellow means you need to change your batteries. If you think it is chewing up batteries while sitting around turned off - send it in for warranty repair and let us have a look at it.

Canuke

Enlightened
Re: Eternalight Rave\'n battery consumption Q

Given the fact that it drives one less LED than the Inovas and is regulated, I wondered whether that might be it. I couldn't say for sure, though, since I didn't track usage and don't know how fresh the batteries were when it arrived. I'm going to swap in the new lithiums and see what happens.