thoughts on TLE-6EX

glenda17

Enlightened
I recieved a TLE-6EX for my 4D Maglite today. It makes an very tight hotspot. The focus function is pretty useless with either a tiny tightspot or a black-hole in the midlle of a larger hotspot. The output is much better than the multi-LED head it replaced. Compared to my Inova T3 it doesn't light up a room near as much when shining on the cieling. The hotspot is much tighter. It may have a little more throw power at long distances. I really like the spill, it is huge and very useaful. The T3 isn't as usefull a flashlight with it big blinding hotspot and not much else, more of a defensive flashlight than a work light. I hope the TLE has better run-time than the 30 minutes of the T3.

wildstar87

Enlightened
If you want more spill and a more usable flood setting, you could get a MOP Reflector from FiveMega, or Kaidomain. Your hotspot won't be as bright, but the spill will be brighter, and the flood will smooth out that black hole (typical mag with normal bulb too), not totally get rid of it, but definitely make it more usable.

4D will last MUCH longer that 30 min. It's probably the best bang for the buck drop-in, not the brightest, or the best, but for the cost, very hard to beat, unless you want to buy a heatsink and and led, driver and make a mod yourself.