less expensive alternative to fenix P1-ce?

Green Lantern

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone suggest a comparable, inexpensive alternative to the fenix P1-CE, which takes one cr123a battery, costs less than $30.00 and puts out about 90 lumens?
fenix-p1-ce-black-1.jpg

Illum

Flashaholic
be careful ordering, DX isn't doing very well these days, for that matter I stopped recommending lights from DX to those who have asked.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, just here to advise reading a few threads in the jeer section and familiarize yourself with what might happen.:aaa:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not post a "Wanted to buy: Fenix P1-CE, can offer $30" over at the Marketplace and see what happens.

In your description just make sure and ask about the tint, if the threads are loose, etc. It's possible there is somebody who is ready to buy a newer light and wouldn't mind selling their old one to a fellow CPFer for a good price.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone suggest a comparable, inexpensive alternative to the fenix P1-CE, which takes one cr123a battery, costs less than $30.00 and puts out about 90 lumens?

With the CPF8 discount at fenix-store.com it's only about $38 shipped. The quality of build and the customer service is going to be much better than anything you find for $9 less.

Then again, Lighthound.com blew out their P1 CE's cheap over Xmas and they don't list any now. Maybe there's a new version on the horizon ?

Last edited:

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a regular luxeon Fenix P1 for about a year and loved it, used it a lot. I upgraded to a P1-CE last year a little while after they came out. For $38 shipped I wouldn't take a chance on a cheaper light for $8 if you really want a P1, and it sounds like you do. Lighthound does have the old luxeon in stock for $31.47, and it is still a great light, not quite as much output as the Cree version, but not as huge of a difference in real life as the 55 vs 90 lumens on paper would indicate.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
The Stainless Steel C1 is on clearance at kaidomain for $24.xx i.e. couple bucks less that DX.

> Well, guess what happened after taking a look at this one? Yep, bought it. Sigh.
> Reply With Quote

Don't forget to critic it once you receive it! By the time you receive it, I am sure we would have all forgotten about it :-(

- Vikas

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a real P1-CE. It will be cheaper in the long run. You will either end up buying the real deal later on, or burn through many more batteries than the Fenix would. Besides, Fenix has flat regulation, and the twisty head is super smooth. I love my P1-CE.

Remember...cheap is expensive.

Illum

Flashaholic
Get a real P1-CE. It will be cheaper in the long run. You will either end up buying the real deal later on, or burn through many more batteries than the Fenix would. Besides, Fenix has flat regulation, and the twisty head is super smooth. I love my P1-CE.

Remember...cheap is expensive.

don't forget the lifetime warranty, free holster, the extra o-ring that goes with it:nana:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can find the LM31 and LM33 in the $31-$35 range and I'm assuming they are of a better quality than the DX brands. They are 80 and 90 Lumens respectively.

Battery Junction carries LumaPower lights and I'm sure there are others.

Bill