Will Cree lights eventually show up at Target & other stores?

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering if some of the new stuff (Cree, etc.) now will eventually "trickle down" to the more mainstream department stores. Seems like much of it is still only available online or possibly in some specialty stores.

(Hopefully the prices will come down a bit too!)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Yes(I'm including other current gen LED lights too) some have already.

Most well known is probably the Taskforce 2C at Lowes(the ones that says 60x brighter) and the Surefire G2L, also at Lowes(surprisingly, the Taskforce is brighter)

But from my knowledge, they don't use the higher bin of LEDs(more efficient).

They should continue to trickle down but by the time they are widespread, we would have moved on to something better.

Last edited:

roymail

Enlightened
Lowes Taskforce 2C is an excellent Cree design. There may be others. Yeah, I'm sure we'll see more Cree designs in department stores as time goes by.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
theres a small-ish camping lantern at target with a Cree XR-E. Either 3 or 4 AA, I can't remember.

And yes the Cree task force is surprisingly good, at that price, B&M availability. Wonderful fraen optic IMHO. it goes toe to toe with my 6P incan.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lowes, Meijer, and WalMart all carry Cree lights now, but only one or two different lights at each place IIRC. Considering how long it took luxeon LED's to become available at most stores, it might be another year or so until there is a much bigger selection.

Blacklight

Enlightened
They already are. Energizer has a Cree and Rebel headlamp out, a Cree 2-pack of 2xAA lights at Sams Club, and a Cree Inspection and Swivel Head light at Lowes.

Tip of the iceberg.

Coleman has CREE Lanterns in Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, and many other retailers.