Are there any 123 lights that takes drop ins

lyrrag

Newly Enlightened
I am searching for a rcr123 light that is capable of easy led drop in upgrades. If not, I know the surefire G2 or P6 is capable of drop ins but can the G2 take the heat of say a BOG drop in ?:D

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Well it just so happens that there are dozens of dropins for the 6P/G2 light setup listed here. I believe that all the drop ins listed have a link to a site to buy from and it should tell you accepted battery types. And to answer your question the G2 can easily handle the BOG Q5, it is one of the most popular drop ins used.

-Evan

Gunner12

Flashaholic
All lights that can take the P60 style modules should accept the P60 style drop-ins.

I wouldn't recommend running the BOG drop-in in the G2. The light would handle the heat from the drop-in module but the drop-in won't fare as well in the long term due to the accelerated decaying of the LED.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SureFire 6P and G2 both take m60 drop in units. Have a look at the Malkoff unit.
It is truly fantastic.
Yaesumofo

I am searching for a rcr123 light that is capable of easy led drop in upgrades. If not, I know the surefire G2 or P6 is capable of drop ins but can the G2 take the heat of say a BOG drop in ?:D