Are LumensFactory XENON assemblies regulated ?

radu1976

Enlightened
I have a SF 6P clone, a SOLARFORCE L2 with CREE Q5 drop in module
Although I want to have an incandescent light,I would like to buy a LumensFactory XENON assemble, I have to decide between a 160 LUMENS and 200 lumens one. The question is : are those xenon bulbs with a life of 20HRS regulated or not ? They said that the running time is 50 and 40 minutes for these assemblies.
Reading the reviews for PELICAN M6 2320 xenon and SUREFIRE 6P from flashlightreviews dot com I realize that the PELI outshines SF 6P in overall output and throw too. Both type II aluminium. So PELICAN reflector is mor eficient.
Other question : with a LumensFactory 200 lumens drop in module in my SOLARFORCE L2 would I get a superior throw than with a PELICAN M6 with normal xenon bulb ? Or just a more overall output ?
Is it worth to spend 15-17$ for a module of 200 lumens as long as you have the host or should I get a PELI M6 of 40-50$ + a 4$ UCL glass lens or eventually a very compact TACSTAR T6 ???
Any opinion would be welcome! Thank you !

jugg2

Enlightened
I do not know about your other questions, but Lumens Factory bulbs are not regulated. If you run them on rechargeable lithium-ions, the battery output is relatively flat; that is about the closest to regulation you will get (besides the SF A2).

mdocod

Flashaholic
don't get too hung up on the lumens,... LF uses a different method of measuring and rating lumens than SF, and I'm sure Pelican has their own method as well. In general, increasing the wattage of a bulb means a larger surface area of the filament, which in turn, means that if it is used in the same size reflector as a lower wattage bulb, the throw will not change much, just the overall output. This is just a "general" rule of thumb, and different brands often use different bulb designs and textures etc, which can impact throw.... Overall, the LF bulbs tend to be geared towards as much throw as possible while maintaining a smooth beam profile. (minimal artifacts).

I'm not sure if that helped at all...

Have you considered LED drop-in modules for the 2xCR123 size lights? generally speaking, you can similar output with 2-4 times the runtime and flat regulation on a LED module.