Kaidomain buckle light V4

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't wait to see what they've improved. They are great lights for the money, and if they fix some of the issues with the V3 it should be a nice little light.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
its being discussed to very great length at the Dealers's forum over at MP..

Crenshaw

CandleFranky

Enlightened
The Kaidomain buckle is a very interesting light. But it is still under construction, even in V4. And if the price goes higher with each version, it will shortly compete with the Fenix L0D.

LA OZ

Enlightened
For some reason, I felt we are a beta tester for Kai at our expense. My experience is with his Rexlight. From what I have heard, this buckle light is even worst. I truly believe if he received a bad batch either due to poor design or poor manufacturing, he should scraped it. So far, from what I have read, I can only conclude that he had reduced his loss by selling to you guys.

Last edited:

Bigsy

Enlightened
I've learned my lesson with these buckle lights, and won;t be taken for a mug anymore...

Bought a v2, useless tailcap.
Bought a v3, more threads on tailcap, but equally crap.
And now theres a v4 a few weeks after v3 and he's stuck $5 on it, give me a break! If anything he should be recalling the crap he pumped out on the other versions and replacing them with v4's.....not that I think its going to be any better....

Decided to bite the bullet and get a proper aaa and ordered a LF2X

Last edited:

Tubor

Enlightened
In fact, be able to use 10440 with this v4 would be a great improvement.

Hey, i'm dreaming.:D

I think the whole point of it was to be able to use a 1.2V NiMh and get 100+ lumens (so KD reckon). Most AAA lights will only go that bright with a 10440 and are much dimmer on NiMh.

patrickbateman

Newly Enlightened
I've learned my lesson with these buckle lights, and won;t be taken for a mug anymore...

Bought a v2, useless tailcap.
Bought a v3, more threads on tailcap, but equally crap.
And now theres a v4 a few weeks after v3 and he's stuck $5 on it, give me a break! If anything he should be recalling the crap he pumped out on the other versions and replacing them with v4's.....not that I think its going to be any better....

Decided to bite the bullet and get a proper aaa and ordered a LF2X

I would'nt say that, i have a v2 and a v3, they are not "crap" but there is a lot of progress to do to get a near-perfect light.

Lots of people are interested by this model, it's for a reason, it's cheap (well, well, 19.99, not so cheap now...), small and quite bright.

Apparently, there are a lot of defects in these batches, maybe i just got lucky...or you got unlucky.

Nevertheless, i agree, i feel a little like a beta-tester.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I Personally think the buckle light is good for that price. I bought the V3 at i think it was $15? or was it $18? either way, its a VERY bright light, very food tint though. I just gave my shelf queen V3 to my friend who is going overseas to further her studies, she likes it! ill be getting the V4. I think the buckle light is a great, simple ONE mode, and very bright light that you can give away as a present, and you can own a few of.

Crenshaw

copperfox

Enlightened
I have the V2 and have had no problems. Very bright, but runtime suffers and it gets hot quickly. I'd buy another if they runtime improves on NiMh.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still happy with my unmodded V1, running nimh. Biggest problem is just QC. The extra $5 better be a vast improvement there.

jake25

Enlightened
My buckle light, V2, is pretty bad

Type II Anodized is shwoing

the light output has dramatically decreased in 2 weeks of EDCing

I'm defiantly goin get a L0D than another buckle.

sino

Newly Enlightened
I'd MUCH rather have an LOD Q4 than 3 of these...............

Bingo. At $15 the buckle light had good bang for the buck potential, and might even be worth jury rigging with teflon tape etc. to fix the manufacturing defects. At $20 I'd have to consider buying a Fenix E1 from Lighthound (or put it towards a LOD) instead. Sure the E1 isn't as bright, but it's a solid, proven performer.

Price increases are not unusual for products in high demand, but NOT when the manufacturer is still working out design/manufacturing flaws. That's just not right. I agree that we've all been beta testers for this buckle light. As of this writing I'm waiting for my own exchange to be resolved. I sent back a defective light (version 2).

unit311

Newly Enlightened
Are there any well made aaa lights that are in this price range? Mine is bright but thats all I like about it. If i could find another light that was at least as bright as this one for less than $30 I would buy it. Also if i was going to go ahead and pay the extra money for a good aaa, are the lod q4 or the liteflux lf2 q5 brighter than this light?

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want noticeably brighter than the KD you'll need to go with 10440 cells on the L0D or LiteFlux lights.

The new LF2 looks very nice.