Meterman LM631 Measurement Results

rlhess

Enlightened
Hi, I just purchased a Meterman LM631 since I can't indefinitely hold on to the Minolta T-1 that I borrowed from work.

These two meters seem to agree within about 1-2% on my desk lights, the Lambda Illuminator, and the ARC LE.

I've been using a stainless steel ruler to measure the distance between the meter and the light and I found that (more with the Meterman for some reason) it could refocus light back into the sensor providing an unrealistically high reading.

I think this is a meter we can trust here...as much as we can trust anything. Although I got mine for about $85, it's not to be sneezed at, I think.

Cheers,

Richard

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rlhess:
Hi, I just purchased a Meterman LM631 since I can't indefinitely hold on to the Minolta T-1 that I borrowed from work.

These two meters seem to agree within about 1-2% on my desk lights, the Lambda Illuminator, and the ARC LE.

I've been using a stainless steel ruler to measure the distance between the meter and the light and I found that (more with the Meterman for some reason) it could refocus light back into the sensor providing an unrealistically high reading.

I think this is a meter we can trust here...as much as we can trust anything. Although I got mine for about $85, it's not to be sneezed at, I think.

Cheers,

Richard
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richard,

Welcome to the Meter Man Club! I got the same model -- Thank God they resisted temptation and did not name it the Meter MAID...

Latest posts