What could you possibly need an SF M6 for, anyways???!!

skillet

Enlightened
You know, it's a cold, foggy, and rainy night here in the Bluegrass. You ask yourself out loud, "Why do the headlights look so dim?" Nuts!! The alternator has quit charging again. FLIP!!!.. Get that M6 out of my bag! Hurry up, son..

So I shut of the lights, the wipers, and the heater blower... Rolled the window down enough to get my hand and the recently acquired M6 (running the XLOLA option of course) out and cruised on in to the house about 7 miles with no problems except for a very cold, wet, and numb left hand... The neighbor in the back with my other son and daughter was quite taken aback by my ability to light the road up with just a "flashlight" "Just a flashlight" Shheeesh, That's what his dad has in his sock drawer.. Son, this is an "Illumination tool" And he said it was brighter than the headlights on his brother's car... And that's not even the bright bulbs, man... But 2 1/2 hours of runtime... I can suffer a little lumen loss... Oh well, another "Flashlight" saves the day... I mean the night..

Gordon B

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice!

I was goofing off with mine when the wife was not home. I haven't had a chance to use it outdoors yet.

The X-LOLA configuration appears to have a hotspot slightly smaller than my poorman's M4.

kelmo

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Now I know I need a stronger light in the car. I'd forgotten about a bad alternator I once had at night. Thanks for reminding me.

Geoff

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeez, you scared me with the thread title. :sweat: Lucky you for getting to use your nice light to save the day (or rather, night).

BTW, I think another CPFer once had to light his drive home with a so-many-million candlepower spotlight, and a cop fined him for it. :thinking: I'm glad you made it home both safe and ticketless.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool story. Glad everything worked out for you.
I'm actually going to take some beamshots comparing my 4C Mag85 to my cars headlights.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Cool story. :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing it with us.

:wave:
_

DM51

Flashaholic
LOL, I saw the thread title and thought "Oh no...." but instead - a pleasant surprise! Nice story.

What would a traffic cop have done if he'd seen you driving like that?

BSBG

Enlightened
Good tale :D.

I had the same thing happen in a friend's POS maybe 25 years ago, and all we had was a 4D Eveready flashlight, but at least the moon was out :candle:

DM51

Flashaholic
There's now going to be an epidemic of people driving around with their lights off, just using M6s instead! LOL, where's an LEO when you need one? Robocop! Come and sort these guys out here!

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, I can see it now:

"Honey, what are you doing with the car?"

"Oh, just taking a few beamshots.:whistle:"

I actually asked her if she wanted to join in, and she said "that's one of the dorkiest things I've ever heard of, but then again you're one of the dorkiest people I've ever met".
:crackup:

As long as it isn't snowing tonight I'll be doing them tonight. It isn't super dark around here because there is so much snow on the ground, but it should be good enough.

Katdaddy

Enlightened
There's now going to be an epidemic of people driving around with their lights off, just using M6s instead! LOL, where's an LEO when you need one? Robocop! Come and sort these guys out here!
Leo: "Are you spotlighting deer there son?"
CPFer: " No sir, just playing with my M6."
LEO: "That's not even a good lie! Please step out of the car and place your hands behind your back.":shakehead

skillet

Enlightened
LOL, I saw the thread title and thought "Oh no...." but instead - a pleasant surprise! Nice story.

What would a traffic cop have done if he'd seen you driving like that?

A traffic cop?? That's funny.. I live so far out in the stix, that the rednecks make fun of us... If I had been stopped by the local sheriff or one of the deputies, we'd talk about how our mothers are and did your dad get over his fall... Stuff like dat...

It was nice well, no, it was great to have an M6.. Selling off others right now to recover it... But, hey... Better than doing drugs.. I just don't know that its any cheaper.. :crackup:

Gordon aka:skillet

Last edited: