truly white laser

comozo

Enlightened
The SC400 is a world first for commercial supercontinuum systems, pushing the wavelength range of the laser to below 400nm while maintaining diffraction limited beam quality across the spectrum and delivering spectral brightness in the mW's/nm range. http://optics.org/cws/product/P000004577

Oooh it's so pretty

TJ 47

Newly Enlightened
wow :eek:
i didnt know they made a white laser. Thats absolutely awsome. how many milliwatts is it rated at or havent you got that info yet ?
Cool by the way.:thumbsup:

tobjectpascal

Banned
I can just see white lasers making their way into the LED section when they become small enough to carry, my fenix can give a throw of 150 feet, yeah well my white laser can give a throw of 5,000 feet and light up a whole room :p

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i foresee...multidiode lasers, so that you have some sembelance of spill....

Crenshaw

jufam44

Enlightened
Martin professional (martin.com) makes the RGB1.6 which is a 1.6watt white laser system. All white lasers are just mixing red, green, and blue to make white. Unfortunately, there's no 1-diode white laser :(. I'd love a white laser in a pointer-that would be pretty neat in a dark room :devil:

-Max

RDZombie

Newly Enlightened
Martin professional (martin.com) makes the RGB1.6 which is a 1.6watt white laser system. All white lasers are just mixing red, green, and blue to make white. Unfortunately, there's no 1-diode white laser :(. I'd love a white laser in a pointer-that would be pretty neat in a dark room :devil:

-Max

nope this is a supercontinuum laser, IR laser in very short pulses fired through a special fiber. not an rgb mix. MANY more lines than a RGB diode mix and way cooler looking

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
nope this is a supercontinuum laser, IR laser in very short pulses fired through a special fiber. not an rgb mix. MANY more lines than a RGB diode mix and way cooler looking

That is why you can see the whole spectrum from the "splitter" shown in the picture above. A mixed RGB would only show RG and B up there.