Cree or ssc drop-in for huntlight FT02X???

djkt

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know of a cree or ssc drop-in module that would work with the huntlight FT02X? I bought a couple from lighthound that has the luxeon and would like to try a cree or maybe ssc. Rather not try and put ssc emitter on myself. By the way lighthound great place to do business with.

Thanks Dennis

djkt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks I might give that a try, I was hoping for a quick replacement module, but I cannot find any that small.

Thanks Dennis

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if this new drop-in from DX would fit the FT-02X? If I'm not mistaken (and I may be) aren't this module's dimension a bit smaller than the ones that will fit the SF 6P (which are too large for the FT-02X).

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11810

Only a P4, but that should give a substantial output increase over the stock Luxeon.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FT02X drop in is smaller than the other drop in's that may fit.

The BOG that is pictured is about the same size as all the other modules DX sells.

Your best bet is to swap the emitters.

Left, FT02X. Right BOG Q5

BOGQ5003Small.jpg

BOGQ5001Small.jpg

BOGQ5002Small.jpg

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Huntlight FT-02X lux III is still living in the car glovebox.

Has anyone come across a drop-in over the past year or so with a Cree or SSC P4 that will fit the FT-02X?

I'm a menace with a soldering iron, but it looks like I'll have to risk butchering the light, if there isn't a drop-in that will fit.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
My Huntlight FT-02X lux III is still living in the car glovebox.

Has anyone come across a drop-in over the past year or so with a Cree or SSC P4 that will fit the FT-02X?

I'm a menace with a soldering iron, but it looks like I'll have to risk butchering the light, if there isn't a drop-in that will fit.

A P60 drop in will not fit, without significant modifications to the reflector. The P60 by design uses a 26mm diameter reflector.

The good news for you is it looks like that DC board is ~17 mm diameter. So assuming you can desolder it and get it out, there are several DX/KD boards that might fit. My suggestion would be a 3 or 4 7135 driver based design, since you are going to have to do that anyways to swap the emitter.. There are a few to choose from, and they usually are a lower profile than inductor coil designs. Pick a UI that suits your needs.
:thumbsup:

horizonseeker

Enlightened
Does anyone know if this new drop-in from DX would fit the FT-02X? If I'm not mistaken (and I may be) aren't this module's dimension a bit smaller than the ones that will fit the SF 6P (which are too large for the FT-02X).

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11810

Only a P4, but that should give a substantial output increase over the stock Luxeon.

Curious too, since I have one of the Huntlight, this looks like it might fit, being a D23 drop-in opposed to the more common D26 (P60).